Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spouse wont leave!!

• 19-10-2016 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, me and my husband separated 2 months ago. He moved out. I had to reorganise childcare as he had been a part time stay at home dad. Then he lands back on a Friday sending me a text that he told girls he was back for good and he moved all his stuff into spare room. We tried mediation today. Total waste of time....he's too full if hate to engage in a reasonable manner.
    So ill have to go thru courts now. A year of hell in front of me. Anyone been through anything similar who can give me coping tips?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

who owns the house ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mktable

who owns the house ?
    Me but we are married so he has some rights....regardless of fact this is terrible for the kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Cdosrun

Yeah I went through the same thing.
    She just wouldn't leave me and the kids alone in what was her home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

What exactly does he want...doors he just want to continue living in the same house?

If you both split up why is it up to him to move out.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Why the split or why is he so full of hate? What age are your kids?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,635 ✭✭✭✭ted1

mktable wrote: »
    Me but we are married so he has some rights....regardless of fact this is terrible for the kids

The court may take a different view than the house being yours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭surrender monkey

If you own the house solely in your own name you can ask him to leave. The family home protection act prohibits you from selling or remortgaging the house without him expressly signing his consent. It doesn't give him the right to live there free gratis when your marriage has ended. When it comes to the divorce you may have to compensate him in some way financially in lieu of his interest in the family home.You should go and talk to a family law solicitor about your situation so that they can appraise you of your rights and obligations here. Either way you don't have to feed and clothe this free loader even if he is the father of your children if your marriage is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

If he's the primary carer and that's the family home then it is probably best for the kids that he remains there with them.

Maybe you can move out, provide maintenance, and have weekend access?

mktable wrote: »
    Hi, me and my husband separated 2 months ago. He moved out. I had to reorganise childcare as he had been a part time stay at home dad. Then he lands back on a Friday sending me a text that he told girls he was back for good and he moved all his stuff into spare room. We tried mediation today. Total waste of time....he's too full if hate to engage in a reasonable manner.
    So ill have to go thru courts now. A year of hell in front of me. Anyone been through anything similar who can give me coping tips?

If you thing it's only a year of hell for you and your kids and ex then what you have read is wrong.
    You had kids with someone and most likely will have to meet that person until the kids are grown up.

Keep it amicable(I think is the word) and sort it out for the kids.
    Most parents will think of what's best for the kids when it is put to them and will cop on but not all.

I wish you the best if you are not just throwing him because you think you can and he has no rights.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

OP, you really need to speak to a family law solicitor. Getting such crucial advice off strangers on the internet isn't the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Mod Note
    Cdosrun - we've removed two of your posts, please be careful as you're sailing close to the wind here now.

If you feel someone has posted in breach of our charter just report it, calling out why you think it's not allowed IS a breach of our charter and could result in mod action.
    As to your second post, that is well below standard and is considered point scoring, I know you're being facetious and again due to the tone of the issues here just isn't on.

It's best if you take a break from this thread now before you post in a manner we have no choice but to action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Payton

Your both very raw at the moment and it's all going on not only for you too but for the children also.
    If he is being abusive there are channels you can avail of, but if he is going about his normal self and not annoying you well there's not a lot you can do, it's partly his home also
    Coping? I've been there and it's hard...damn hard and I'm not going to paint a rosie picture. It's about trying to live your normal life with with someone intruding on it.
    Is there a way you can take a break with non judgemental friends or family to just get out of the hostile environment?
    Is there a way to go to mediation on a 1 to 1 basis where you both are not in the same room in mediation?
    Both of you will need to come to the realization of what you both want....honestly bricks and mortar can be recycled...you can't!!
    The whole process can be draining, keep yourself well. Eat well, stay off the alcohol, and plenty of sleep if you can.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mktable

Payton wrote: »
    Your both very raw at the moment and it's all going on not only for you too but for the children also.
    If he is being abusive there are channels you can avail of, but if he is going about his normal self and not annoying you well there's not a lot you can do, it's partly his home also
    Coping? I've been there and it's hard...damn hard and I'm not going to paint a rosie picture. It's about trying to live your normal life with with someone intruding on it.
    Is there a way you can take a break with non judgemental friends or family to just get out of the hostile environment?
    Is there a way to go to mediation on a 1 to 1 basis where you both are not in the same room in mediation?
    Both of you will need to come to the realization of what you both want....honestly bricks and mortar can be recycled...you can't!!
    The whole process can be draining, keep yourself well. Eat well, stay off the alcohol, and plenty of sleep if you can.
    Best of luck.

He is emotionally abusive so it's a case of me trying to limit time in his company so he can't pick at me.
    Thank you for your kind words. They give me courage. It will pass eventually. 😑

Advertisement