Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castelli bib shorts sizing

Options
  • 19-10-2016 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭

Hi. Looking for advice on Castelli shorts sizing.
    I'm 6 ft, 34 waist. Would XL be the right size?

I ordered some XL sportful shorts last week and they were ridiculously small, especially for the straps. I didn't dare pull them over my shoulders as thought they would snap and wouldn't be able to return them.
    Are Castelli slightly more reasonable for sizing?
    XL in Galibier bin shorts fit me perfectly.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Castelli would be something similar. Castelli own Sportful. You'll probably need XXL

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

castelli the same or tighter than sportful, you definitely want xxl. i'm 6'1 but only a 30 to 32" waist and a large fit me perfectly. if xl in sportful don't fit you you will need xxl in castelli

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

Go for the XXL.

I'm the same size as you (height & waist) and have an XL pair of Castelli. They're wearable but next time I'll buy the XXL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I'm 6'2, 32 waist, and Sportful's XXXL bibs fit me well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Alanbt

Thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

I've 2 pairs of castelli shorts and to be honest they are completely different fits. One pair is the Endurance X2, and in XXL at 6'3" and a 34" waist they are snug but the right fit. I've a pair of Nanoflex Pro in XL (based on reviews these seemed to be a more generous fit), and they're probably actually looser than the Endurance ones, so you may want to specify the actual pair you're looking at to get more accurate advice!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Castelli definitely on the small size i'm usually L in shorts but the Castelli large ones only just about fit me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Alanbt

cython wrote: »
    I've 2 pairs of castelli shorts and to be honest they are completely different fits. One pair is the Endurance X2, and in XXL at 6'3" and a 34" waist they are snug but the right fit. I've a pair of Nanoflex Pro in XL (based on reviews these seemed to be a more generous fit), and they're probably actually looser than the Endurance ones, so you may want to specify the actual pair you're looking at to get more accurate advice!

Fair point. Was looking at the nanoflex

General consensus that these are a more generous fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Aysedasi

I have a pair of Castelli Volo and Evoluzione bib shorts in XXL. I'm 6'2" and 90kg. Tight fit but comfortable. I also find the straps are tight when standing but perfect when actually cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Alanbt wrote: »
    Fair point. Was looking at the nanoflex

General consensus that these are a more generous fit?

Well compared to the X2s I have, they definitely are, and the reviews for them support that too. They are (by design since they're kind of a winter short) longer in the leg to begin with, so I suspect if I'd bought XXL in them the leg could be heading south of the knee, as the ones I have probably cover the bottom of my quad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement