Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any positive experiences recently?

• 19-10-2016 10:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭

Still trying to get my head around this insurance mess. It seems like every week the cost is sky rocketing.

I have a somewhat performance car (well maybe it was a performance car when it was new... 16 years ago) and it's pretty much uninsurable now/

I got to thinking, maybe I could get a cheap run around, and hope by next year the mess is sorted out.

Tried getting new quotes on a 2006 peugeot 206, and nobody will do it for less than 1,000 euros. What the hell! A little noddy car!

It just got me thinking, has anyone in the past few weeks got any positive renewals? Or even ones not bad? Who were they with?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Wife got a great deal with Post Insurance. Cheaper than last year's premium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

I'm 24, 2 years NCB in my own name.

I was insured on a 99 Nissan Micra for €600, third party F&T.

Just bought a 2008 Hyundai Coupe 1.6, insurance dropped to €544, or €600 fully comp.

I'm pretty happy with that. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

23 provo licence named driver on my dads car was paying 300 for 6 months and now they did it 400 for a year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

I also meant to say in the original post, that one of the brokers I was talking to, said that even from the start of this month it has **** up again. So what about recently? Has anyone got quotes for new business in the past few weeks that were reasonable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

The only reason it seems I can get decent quotes from Aviva is because I've always been with them. Did my driving lessons with them, was named driver on an Aviva policy, and all my own policies have been with them.

Cheapest other quote I could get from another company was €1800. :eek:

For me, there's legit no point in even trying to shop around anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Got a Comp quote from Aviva Direct for my wife's car € 329 with all the trimmings. 07 Focus

• Registered Users Posts: 35 nailstar

Renewal with AA was €655, 2.0 2011 Passat, got fully comp with step back protection for €425 with Aviva, 2 full license drivers

nailstar wrote: »
    Renewal with AA was €655, 2.0 2011 Passat, got fully comp with step back protection for €425 with Aviva, 2 full license drivers

That's what I like to hear, i'llntry for new business in the morning and report my findings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭Allinall

I've just renewed @ €550

2015. €550
    2014. €470

Well happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dennyk

Got a great deal from Allianz (€688) after Liberty wanted to jack up my premium from €800 to €1300 on renewal. Nothing had changed with my situation except that I now have a full Irish license (had a full US license previously).

• Advertisement

Lads, what about new business and not just renewals?!

Advertisement