Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a problem with Eir broadband today?

Options
  • 19-10-2016 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭

From around 5 or 6 pm today I have been having a very ropey internet connection. Many sites won't load, I'm getting 70% packet loss, netflix is constantly buffering, Xbox live won't work at all...

Speedtests are giving good connection results, but there is definitely an issue. Boards.ie is taking a minute to open up some threads for example.

Is anyone else having these kinds of problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Sesame

Same time of fault starting here, now completely gone. Where are you, I'm in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Akrasia wrote: »
    From around 5 or 6 pm today I have been having a very ropey internet connection. Many sites won't load, I'm getting 70% packet loss, netflix is constantly buffering, Xbox live won't work at all...

Speedtests are giving good connection results, but there is definitely an issue. Boards.ie is taking a minute to open up some threads for example.

Is anyone else having these kinds of problems?

Same in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Yeah, now that someone else mentioned it.

In my case Netflix worked fine on the MacBook but not on the PS3 because psn couldn't sign in.

Aerlingus wouldn't load, Ryanair did eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I'm in Ennis. 

Even posting these messages results in webpages hanging 

As long as it's not just my own account I dont mind. I can't be bothered spending hours trying to troubleshoot a fault on my line

I'm in Ennis. 

Even posting these messages results in webpages hanging 

As long as it's not just my own account I dont mind. I can't be bothered spending hours trying to troubleshoot a fault on my line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KD11

Ennis as well. Its been on and off all evening. really slow when it does connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

same here in limerick, took me 15mins to get in here to comment. Keeps dropping.

KD11 wrote: »
    Ennis as well. Its been on and off all evening. really slow when it does connect.
    Instead of a game of Battlefield 4, I'm reduced to playing Daytona USA. A game that was made almost before the www internet was invented.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 drednought

Same here in Roscrea, Co. Tipperary. First the connection was intermittent and slow. Now it's gone completely. Tried ringing tech support, but nobody answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭xECompanyx

Same in Kerry, getting 1.5mbs speeds since 6pm this evening. Using mobile Internet to send this message. Soooo wanna leave Eir, nothing but issues, overbilling being the major ongoing problem....the stress of it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Donne

Cork here.

I just tried to play a video on the BBC News website but it kept buffering. Other websites are causing hassle as well.

Could you guys at Eir tell us whats going on!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Definite issue here in the east. Cannot get into a number of sites or the Apple App store on either iPad or iPhone. Switched on a VPN and everything fine. So definitely an eir connction issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭oisinmc14

Getting the same in Limerick. Any word from Eir?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Same here in Tralee, I also have had little or no signal on my phone for most of the day and night.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

Thought it was just me! Having trouble loading websites all evening. I'm in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Same in ennis, for me and everybody I know with eircom. Seems to be peering? With some sites fine and others fu.cked

And great work keeping the spam off the community.eir.ie site

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭CutWeldDrive

anyone manage to get in contact with support,, been gone since 6 here intermittently and now completely gone. dial up would be faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Same in offaly here, but been like this past couple of evenings, daytime fine, but running fierce slow in the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Michelle_b

Same on mine down in Waterford. Buffering on everything on and off tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Disgrace really - nothing on their web site - I guess look on the bright side though sounds like half the country is down so at least they have to fix it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

In Ennis, same problem. One mate in Newmarket on Fergus is having same issue, other mate who is with Vodafone isn't seeing any issues though so it's an Eir issue. Bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭swoofer

same here in clarecastle, the annoying thing is, I was blaming my pc and was faffing about until I looked on here. Glad I did.  I wish Eir would have a proper satus page with the traffic lights.  but thats hoping.

It appears to be working again now

Can someone from Eir please come on this thread and acknowledge that there was an issue last night that was identified and resolved? or are we going to see these issues returning again tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Akrasia wrote: »
    It appears to be working again now

Can someone from Eir please come on this thread and acknowledge that there was an issue last night that was identified and resolved? or are we going to see these issues returning again tonight?

Haven't even bothered switching on the router again. Just gave up last night.
    Would also like some kind of acknowledgment and explanation.

Edit... limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Same here in Limerick, I did manage to run two speed tests and the download side of things was crap

19/10/16 @ 17:04
    Ping 76ms
    Download 0.28Mbs
    Upload 12.38Mbs

19/10/16 @ 18:23
    Ping 30ms
    Download 0.03Mbs
    Upload 11.56Mbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

https://community.eir.ie/service-updates-70/nationwide-broadband-outage-20102016-282423

[font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]We experienced an overnight nationwide outage that impacted our broadband customers from approximately 20:30pm to 5:00am.[/font]

[font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]The issue was caused by a break in cable and has since been resolved. [/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Resolved the cable maybe but my internet is still crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Guys,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We experienced issues late yesterday evening however this has since been resolved. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]This was an overnight nationwide outage that impacted our broadband customers from approximately 20:30pm to 5:00am. The issue was caused by a break in cable and has since been resolved. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you are still experiencing difficulty, we would recommend powering your modem off for a couple of minutes and back on again.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies for any inconvenience, [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭aidanodr

An update. Looks like the country wide outage hasnt gone away you know :D

Search twitter for @eircare .. happening again tonight all over. People down to 3mbps or less.

Im in carrigaline - normally efibre about 70/80mbps .. down at 3 tonight

Just a heads up. Writing this using phone data.

Aidan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

I am also having problems again, Limerick

Advertisement