Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Event - October 27th 2016

Options
  • 19-10-2016 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭

Apple just confirmed the rumoured date of October 27th for their last event of 2016.

The "hello again" tag line doesn't give much away. Supposed to be a very 'mac focused' event with a complete MacBook Pro redesign and new MacBook airs and maybe even a 5k monitor.

Looking forward to next thursday. With the clocks changing this weekend I'm not sure in the exact time, it's usually 6pm Irish time but could be an hour before or after due to the clocks. One of the past events kicked off at 5pm so I'm unsure.

It should be an interesting one though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

The clocks don't go back until the week after (always the last Saturday of October) so no confusion over the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Great! Another device (Macbook Air) my brain won't stop annoying me about until I buy it.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

murpho999 wrote: »
    The clocks don't go back until the week after (always the last Saturday of October) so no confusion over the time.

Yep you're right. I thought I heard this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

DubDJ wrote: »
    Yep you're right. I thought I heard this weekend.

People often mix it up. I remember that it's always the last Sunday of October and March that it changes.

Looks like Apple accidentally leaked images of the new MacBook Pro being announced on Thursday.

The touch strip and fingerprint reader confirmed to be included. Very similar design to the current MacBook Pro.

8jCNY1v.jpg

http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/25/13408862/apple-new-macbook-pro-with-touch-strip-leaks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

its the Iphone 8. You heard it here now. trying to capitise on The Note 7 Fiasco.... :pac:

its the Iphone 8. You heard it here now. trying to capitise on The Note 7 Fiasco.... :pac:
    Hahahahahaha They only sold 57M iPhones last quarter. Poor guys.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

The event kinda revolved purely around the new MacBook Pro. The euro prices on the Irish site are eye-watering. 1,749 Euro for the entry level without the new Touch Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

DubDJ wrote: »
    The event kinda revolved purely around the new MacBook Pro. The euro prices on the Irish site are eye-watering. 1,749 Euro for the entry level without the new Touch Bar.

This was a Mac event. There's a thread in the Mac forum.

• Advertisement

I like the look of the base one that they figure MacBook Air users would like! And how it's thinner is madness!!

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

I like the look of the base one that they figure MacBook Air users would like! And how it's thinner is madness!!

Is it though. Its thinner at the thickest part of the Air but its not thinner at the thinnest end of the Air if you know what I mean.

ucd.1985 wrote: »

Is it though. Its thinner at the thickest part of the Air but its not thinner at the thinnest end of the Air if you know what I mean.
    I hear ya barking buddy. I'm gonna go give it a feel up in CompuB and if I like it, I will have it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

The took the Apple Backlit Logo out and the Power cord extension is now an Optional extra.

And I thought they couldn't take anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

And I thought they couldn't take anymore!

Well.. They took away the real "Escape key" as well...

Poor Vim users...

“Roll it back”

Advertisement