Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Pep a busted flush

• 19-10-2016 11:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭

No wins in his last 4 games
    180 million spent on some dodgy signings
    Suspect keeper
    Deploying a central defender who's been out the best part of a year as a striker
    Leaving his best player on the bench.
    Kolorov deployed in 225 positions

Is the pressure of the biggest Job in England getting to him.

Thoughts and opinions welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

This thread is a busted flush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I wouldn't say that. If my recollection is correct there was a similar thread concerning another premier league manager that gained some traction and had some fantastic opinion.

I can only hope this thread can last as long as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Bunch of arse thread.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Are "busted flush" threads a busted flush?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I don't think Guadiola will have the success at City that he's had elsewhere, but I don't think that means he's a busted flush. I think it means that he was overrated to begin with, and hence expectations were unrealistically high.

No wins in his last four, but still a terrific manager and favourite to win the league. Also, not being seen as a whining, eye gouging, sexual harassing arsehole probably ensures he's viewed in a more favourable light to some of his peers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Is this the part in the thread where Utd fans normally post the Simpsons lemon picture?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

No his team is top of the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Has about as much credence as the last is x and x done thread, that seemed to run for a while though of course.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I don't think Guadiola will have the success at City that he's had elsewhere, but I don't think that means he's a busted flush. I think it means that he was overrated to begin with, and hence expectations were unrealistically high.

No wins in his last four, but still a terrific manager and favourite to win the league. Also, not being seen as a whining, eye gouging, sexual harassing arsehole probably ensures he's viewed in a more favourable light to some of his peers

JVShb.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I wouldn't say that. If my recollection is correct there was a similar thread concerning another premier league manager that gained some traction and had some fantastic opinion.

Maybe if Pep makes a complete balls of this season, utterly makes a laughing stock of himself along the way and then quits amidst toxic rancour. AND THEN sits on his hands until another plum job comes along, AND THEN proceeds to lose a few games in a row towards the start of the next season - then I might say, "Gee, there's some similarities there."

Until then, much too early too say and much too early for this thread. The only fantastic opinion to be found is going to be in the sense of the original meaning of the word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

All depends how he reacts after this game.Got a hammering and was wrong with tactics.No manger is perfect but hes top of the league and 2nd in the group to barca.
    This feels like a responce to the thread of who ever asked is Jose a "busted flush" which is equally a stupid post.
    Ill post back here in 3 years because after starting in August and judging in October is not a valid amount of time to judge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Nope.

He is facing a bigger challenge than he has before though.

He had a stacked deck in Germany and Spain but is on a much more level playing field now.

He is obviously a very good man manager but he certainly isn't the messianic figure that some of his more ardent propaganda merchants would have you believe.

Its way too early to judge him, same as Jose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

It's amazing how much people are hating on him purely because his team plays in an unconventional way.

And also, the Everton game they should have been out of sight only for poor finishing and fantastic goalkeeping, and they were also well in the game last night until Bravo got sent off. Really should have been level at HT.

The Jose one may have more weight behind it, given his poor season at Chelsea. But both seem wide of the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

All depends how he reacts after this game.Got a hammering and was wrong with tactics.No manger is perfect but hes top of the league and 2nd in the group to barca.
    This feels like a responce to the thread of who ever asked is Jose a "busted flush" which is equally a stupid post.
    Ill post back here in 3 years because after starting in August and judging in October is not a valid amount of time to judge.

He's not really a busted flush. He's just a prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

The problem with Guardiola is that to me he tries to be too far too clever for his own good.

He fiddled around with the Bayern Munich team far too much and got players rotating their positions far too often during matches when basically all he needed to do was tell them to keep doing what they were doing and tweak it slightly to keep it fresh.

He's obviously a great coach but I'd say his game management is well below his coaching , when you see the stupidity of him playing a back 3 against Barca's front 3 a couple of years ago and his attempts at trying to change established players positions it seems to me he would probably benefit from a simpler approach and being more pragmatic.Alex Ferguson was a great manager partly because he never seemed to over complicate things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Replacing Hart makes sense but Bravo seems a poor choice. Could be his downfall in terms of collecting trophies this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

I have to say this is why boards.ie soccer forum is so annoying.
    Absolutely awful thread.

A few weeks ago it was Jose. And if utd don't win this evening, some fool will post in the busted flush Jose thread, saying get rid of him.
    Both of these managers are only in the door. It's only October. No manager can win every game.

This just proves that some football fans have awful memories. They can't remember two weeks ago. And can't look past the next game.
    There are some clowns on this forum.

And also, arsenal have a good run going, but no doubt when results don't be going too well, Wenger out!!! Actually he should have went after losing to Liverpool, the pr1ck.
    And spurs, well pochettino is on thin ice, he's third in the league, loser, he would want to cop on.
    Sack em all!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

Oooo I see why this awful thread was started.
    Cause you are moaning about someone starting a thread about your manager, the manager of your club. The club you love...
    I'm guessing you were annoyed that someone was saying busted flush about your manager, so you thought youd get a dig in, the minute one of your rivals had a poor run?
    How about being the bigger person, and being above bullsh1t like these busted flush threads???
    But no no, you had to write complete rubbish and make a fool of yourself.
    I hate the a lot football fans for this reason.

Actually your op has such good points. I think pep should go. You convinced me!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement