Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk Historical Victorian Pics :-)

Options
  • 20-10-2016 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭

Big up and Kudos to Louth County Council(I assume that's who's responsible!?)for erecting those fantastic pics of Dundalk in by-gone days, they are a credit to you... They seem to be positioned in the same spot as the original pic was taken from.. Beautiful street furniture and something to be proud of :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Big up and Kudos to Louth County Council(I assume that's who's responsible!?)for erecting those fantastic pics of Dundalk in by-gone days, they are a credit to you... They seem to be positioned in the same spot as the original pic was taken from.. Beautiful street furniture and something to be proud of :)

It was Dundalk UDC a few years ago now. And they are by no means all Victorian era.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

It was Dundalk UDC a few years ago now. And they are by no means all Victorian era.
    There's new ones up that are all specifically Victorian era. They were only put up recently. Think it was a joint collaboration with Louth Tidy Towns and the council

Pighead wrote: »
    There's new ones up that are all specifically Victorian era. They were only put up recently. Think it was a joint collaboration with Louth Tidy Towns and the council

Ah, I see. These are brand new ones. Thanks.

Talk of the Town had a piece on them today.

http://talkofthetown.ie/plaques-commemorating-dundalks-victorian-past-erected-around-town/

I have taken a walk around town looking at these photos. While the pictures are interesting, and many show areas much as they still were in my youth, the stands they are on are quite ugly and obtrusive. They are certainly not aesthetically pleasing; which is a shame.

Advertisement