Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Third & Final US Presidential Debate

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

here comes Hillary with her "big bad Russians" arguement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

He started off trying to rein himself in, but he's quickly unravelling.

The Wikileaks/Putin exchange is a borderline meltdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Whatever about trump....clearly apealing to his supporters

Clinton is a dangerous woman...needing to appear strong(??) comes across as itching for war

....if she wins I do hope the other side can muster a capable candidate for next election (and vice versa)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    christ, stop saying "bigly"!

In fairness, he's saying 'big league'. Can't believe I just defended him. :eek::pac: He still needs to stop saying it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

He's spending more time talking about Obama that anything else. Obama wants your guns, Obama is deporting people, Obama is losing to Putin.

Wonder if he's going to go back to the birth-cert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭tinpib

If Hillary loses this election without doubt it will be because of her deranged smile.

Kinda like that leadership challenger that can't stop blinking in The Thick of It.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The moderator is a throwback to what I imagine an American news anchor in the 60s might sound like.

He's not Tom Brokaw but he's one of the cold war era voices

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Wallace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

By the way, Wallace is absolutely showing the CNN & NBC moderators how it's done so far - and on both sides. Absolute hats off to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The terrifying thing though is that amongst his supporters they'll see this as going well. They'll be whopping and cheering at every taunt and prod.

• Advertisement

Clinton's got his goat, and she's going to keep goading him. This could get messy (-ier).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭flogthebog

Clinton is really in charge here. Trump is making himself look small and petty.

Clinton has a facial expression that comes from 'the walking dead'. she makes as interesting a point as (god I can't think of anybody less interesting). Yes trump doesn't even know geography. It reminds me of Ralph (The Simpsons) who was put forward for president. I think he would be a workable alternative.

Politico absolutely skewering Trump's lies - https://twitter.com/politifactlive

He's spending more time talking about Obama that anything else. Obama wants your guns, Obama is deporting people, Obama is losing to Putin.

Wonder if he's going to go back to the birth-cert.

Tbf....she is a continun of Obama style....well appears to be as she's part of his government

Clinton not even chasing working class votes....do it exist in america??

How did things get so bad in america for these two people to rise to getting the top job??

Kudos on the fairer taxation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Clinton's got his goat, and she's going to keep goading him. This could get messy (-ier).

Indeed. All she has to do tonight is stay on message, and keep her cool.

There's going to be no swaying his support - all she has to do is allow him to lose any potential neutrals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,920 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Billy86 wrote: »
    By the way, Wallace is absolutely showing the CNN & NBC moderators how it's done so far - and on both sides. Absolute hats off to him.

Yeah he isn't taking bull**** from either candidate, he's calling the deflections for what they are, and he's getting the mob behind him to shut their traps.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    He's not Tom Brokaw but he's one of the cold war era voices

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Wallace

Wow, he doesn't look 69! :eek:

Elliott S wrote: »
    Wow, he doesn't look 69! :eek:

Rogaine, muhf*kers

He is capabale of comedy :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Yeah he isn't taking bull**** from either candidate, he's calling the deflections for what they are, and he's getting the mob behind him to shut their traps.

Yes Fox News has a bad rep but they have some good reporters, better than MSNBC anyway.

Am I right here? I think Trump has started every single topic answer with "her [insert topic] is a disaster"

You literally could not satirise this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

It's a completely different format tonight. He's allowed to interject in a way the moderators weren't allowed to before. I like him though too.

It's all just rhetoric and insults from Trump. I have yet to hear of a solid policy plan from him aside from the fact that he's going to "build a wall".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,666 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

We'regoingtohavefreetradewe'regoingtohavelotsoffreetradewe'regoingtomoretohavereetradefreetrade bigly

*we're gonna have free trade*

*we're going to bring our manufacturing back*

uhm..

I don't believe Clinton should be critised for bill Clinton actions

But I don't think she should ride his coat tails either

"Let me try to translate that"

"You can't".

That was Trump indirectly admitting that what he has to say is unintelligible gibberish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭flogthebog

Politico absolutely skewering Trump's lies - https://twitter.com/politifactlive

have never heard trump lie. he is a genuine speaker. Hilary Clinton will see the Indians invade America. Hilary Clinton will ensure no icecreams before lunchtime. Hilary Clinton will do these things. Vote Trump if you have any sense. He will renegotiate NAFTA (need aptitude for thingys ahhh)

flogthebog wrote: »
    have never heard trump lie.

So you're new here?

So you're new here?

I had a reply but deleted it because of the ice cream comment, I assume the poster is joking.

If not though, here's a quick one - just the latest.

https://twitter.com/politifactlive/status/788918384138125312

• Advertisement

Badly

Courtesy of the New Yorker:

FOT395_C.jpg

:D

"My turn".

Childish man.

Hillary is out to bury Trump tonight.

Badly

Worse than bigly. Now I'm waiting for bogly.

She's handing him his arse and he's losing his temper.

I love that he raised the fact that Clinton's denial of saying TTP was the "gold standard" was fact checked to be incorrect...I mean, Donald, if we are going to get into what was fact checked that day you're not going to do well...

Also he was good in the first few minutes at not muttering while she speaks or interrupting, but he just couldn't help himself.

Quick reference for when we-know-who-they-are parrot the $6bn lost line...

https://twitter.com/PolitiFact/status/788920512554553345

The wheels are coming off. Trump's answer to questions on any substantive issue is "Hillary is a poopy head."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭Enzokk

If a business man doesn't know the difference why India and China is able to have a bigger growth rate than the US....I just...understand.

• Advertisement

That line of Trump's about "how I run my company" is going to be used in ads against him. His entire brand is currently tanking badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

This is all bollox when you think about it :pac:
    Both parties are talking shi*e and trying to out-do each other. I get it, it's politics, it's a dirty game. But we might as well be listening to teenagers talking ****e at a podium.

Hang on? Did he just claim that Obama and Hilary paid people to start riots at Trump rallies?

This is all bollox when you think about it :pac:
    Both parties are talking shi*e and trying to out-do each other. I get it, it's politics, it's a dirty game. But we might as well be listening to teenagers talking ****e at a podium.

Nah, Clinton is nailing him to the wall brutally tonight - and giving decent answers too.

PARADISE, NV—Interrupted by an aide to the Republican nominee who strode up to his table during the third presidential debate Wednesday, moderator Chris Wallace is said to have received a cease-and-desist letter from the Trump Organization in the middle of asking Donald Trump to respond to allegations that he groped multiple women. “Are you Chris Wallace? This is for you,” said the Trump Organization representative, handing the Fox News host a letter from Trump’s lawyer Marc Kasowitz, which threatened legal action over “reckless, slanderous, and defamatory statements made by Chris Wallace at the presidential debate on October 19, 2016,” and stated that “the timing of these statements moments ago during a nationally televised broadcast makes it clear that this is a politically motivated attempt to harm Mr. Trump’s candidacy.” “If you fail to comply with this order, Mr. Wallace, we’ll have no choice but to sue. Good day.” The Trump Organization official reportedly rushed back onstage moments later after Wallace asked the GOP nominee how much federal income tax he has paid over the past 20 years, serving the moderator a restraining order that barred him from having any contact with Trump for the remainder of the debate.
    http://www.theonion.com/article/chris-wallace-receives-cease-and-desist-letter-tru-54465

700.jpg

• Advertisement

Trump just said encouraging people to start fights is illegal. He just said what he spent much of the primaries doing on camera... is illegal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Nah, Clinton is nailing him to the wall brutally tonight - and giving decent answers too.

But that's just subjective. A trump supporter will say he had her on the ropes.

For the record I ain't saying that. It's just you know yourself.

Trump just said encouraging people to start fights is illegal. He just said what he spent much of the primaries doing on camera... is illegal.

You know her camp has an army of Adobe nerds already drafting the attack bytes

Those stories have been largely debunked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement