Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Third & Final US Presidential Debate

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Hang on? Did he just claim that Obama and Hilary paid people to start riots at Trump rallies?

Ya one of Bill and Hilary's friends was video taped paying people to start fights at rallies.

Story broke today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭Guffy

Emails?? Is he serious?? Worse deflection ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭Enzokk

That sniff....he does it just before he thinks he will make a great point. It came out now before the emails comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

"Donald, you have been accused of sexually assaulting women."

"Nobody has more respect for women than me. They made it up and she had emails. EMAILS."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Billy86 wrote: »
    That line of Trump's about "how I run my company" is going to be used in ads against him. His entire brand is currently tanking badly.

I assume he means he's going to bankrupt the country four times and goose the receptionist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

But that's just subjective. A trump supporter will say he had her on the ropes.

For the record I ain't saying that. It's just you know yourself.

Nope, not even nearly. Hence the Politico Tweets I'm half spamming the thread with. This is utterly brutal.

As I say this "nobody has more respect for women than I do" to an audible groan from the crowd that Wallace has to silence.

This is absolutely brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,666 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Trump is losing his cool here. Hillary is beating him like eggs in a bowl.

Is this a Democrat mouthpiece?

She said she supports partial birth abortions plenty of time and fetus has no rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

She's doing a good job of just sticking to his character. Prodding and poking at his temperament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,310 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Digging himself that hole with that rally violence accusation.

EMAILS! PRISON!! BUT BUT BUT... HILLARY!!!

https://twitter.com/PolitiFact/status/788922418035240960

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

That was the time to bring up how Clinton has attacked her hubby's mistresses.

She said she supports partial birth abortions plenty of time and fetus has no rights.

Nope, it's a nonpartisan fact checking website just like Snopes.

She doesn't support last day abortions, which Trumps "rip it out" comment was about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Nope, not even nearly. Hence the Politico Tweets I'm half spamming the thread with. This is utterly brutal.

As I say this "nobody has more respect for women than I do" to an audible groan from the crowd that Wallace has to silence.

This is absolutely brutal.

How long before Clinton has an ad with Trump repeating "nobody has more respect for women than I do" and his comments on the bus with Billy Bush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Ya one of Bill and Hilary's friends was video taped paying people to start fights at rallies.

Story broke today.

If she's implicated as approving this.....makes her unfit for office

No fan of trump.....but she's not better....only saving grace is an interest in taxing people fairly

Think she stumbled for the first time there, but Donald was there to make her look better.

"These are people that push gays off buildings." He could try and not look happy about the prospect when he says it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PolitiFact.com#Reception

University of Minnesota political science professor Eric Ostermeier did an analysis of 511 selected PolitiFact stories issued from January 2010 through January 2011, stating that "PolitiFact has generally devoted an equal amount of time analyzing Republicans (191 statements, 50.4 percent) as they have Democrats (179 stories, 47.2 percent)". Republican officeholders were considered by Politifact to have made substantially more "false" or "pants on fire" statements than their Democratic counterparts. Of 98 statements PolitiFact judged "false" or "pants on fire" from partisan political figures, 74 came from Republicans (76 percent) compared to 22 from Democrats (22 percent) during the selected period reviewed. Ostermeier concluded "By levying 23 Pants on Fire ratings to Republicans over the past year compared to just 4 to Democrats, it appears the sport of choice is game hunting — and the game is elephants."[29] The study was criticized by PolitiFact editor Bill Adair and the MinnPost, with Adair responding, "Eric Ostermeier's study is particularly timely because we've heard a lot of charges this week that we are biased—from liberals […] So we're accustomed to hearing strong reactions from people on both ends of the political spectrum. We are a news organization and we choose which facts to check based on news judgment."[30]
    A writer with the left-leaning magazine The Nation argued that findings like this are a reflection of "fact-checkers simply doing their job […] Republicans today just happen to be more egregiously wrong".[31] A writer with the right-leaning Human Events claimed that after looking at Politifact's work on a case-by-case basis a pattern emerged whereby Politifact critiqued straw man claims; that is, "dismissed the speaker’s claim, made up a different claim and checked that instead". The conservative magazine noted Politifact's use of language such as "[although the speaker] used [a specific] phrase […] in his claim, [it] could fairly be interpreted to mean [something more general that is false]". Human Events cited Bryan White's PolitiFactBias blog to state that "from the end of that partnership [with the Congressional Quarterly] to the end of 2011, the national PolitiFact operation has issued 119 Pants on Fire ratings for Republican or conservative claims, and only 13 for liberal or Democratic claims".[32]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭flogthebog

Jeez, the saddest version of a woman versus the most pathetic version of a man. It's not worth discussing. They embarrass me and they embarrass you

• Advertisement

I can't help but notice that Trump has been writing notes for a change in this debate... is he just writing "wrong" and "disaster" over and over again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Anyone want to give me a quick summary as to what'll happen if either are elected?

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    How long before Clinton has an ad with Trump repeating "nobody has more respect for women than I do" and his comments on the bus with Billy Bush.

And his comment saying the violence at his rally's was all her fault played beside the video of him offering to pay legal costs of anyone that decides to attack protestors.

Nope, it's a nonpartisan fact checking website just like Snopes.

She doesn't support last day abortions, which Trumps "rip it out" comment was about.

Seems like they're going out of their way to defend Hilary.

She supports late term abortion that's clear.

Oh look, Trump didn't lie for a change!

https://twitter.com/PolitiFact/status/788923408834711552

Problem is, he has been given millions from the middle east too - including financial rescue from Saudis.

http://www.politifact.com/search/?q=clinton+abortion

• Advertisement

Seems like they're going out of their way to defend Hilary.

She supports late term abortion that's clear.

Nope, see the post directly below yours that I have just quoted. Liars get called for lies, simple really.

Do you know what late term abortion vs "rip out the day before birth" is?

Tantrum mode ACTIVE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

PolitiFact is the gold standard of fact-checking.

The tax comments are really, really getting to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Nope, see the post directly below yours that I have just quoted. Liars get called for lies, simple really.

Is there a difference???
    Extreme example. .....but it appears America is becoming a country of extremes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I've noticed both parties writing on the podium so far. Guess they have a tablet and giving notes to their team backstage? aka... lets focus on this then the teleprompter gets changed?

He just went back on his commitment to accepting the results of the election.

That's a few times now audience members have audibly laughed at him as he speaks. Not with, at. Sad.

Car crash stuff on not accepting the results of the election.

Trump is unreal: "I'll keep you in suspense."

Ooof she was VERY well prepared for the "rigged" comments!

Really turned that around well.

I'll stick to the non partisan websites.

I'll stick to the non partisan websites.
    If you don't consider the most widely regarded nonpartisan websites like Politico or Snopes as nonpartisan... which are you referring to?

Is this carnage over at 3 30?

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Ooof she was VERY well prepared for the "rigged" comments!

Really turned that around well.
    That was quite the curb-stomp, alright.

• Advertisement

Arghus wrote: »

Yup.

If you don't consider the most widely regarded nonpartisan websites like Politico or Snopes as nonpartisan... which are you referring to?

Never used it, they seem to be only criticizing Trump going by your posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Arghus wrote: »

Around 3.45 like the previous 2.

That's because Trump talks nonsense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭Enzokk

That may be for one specific reason though, and not because they are partisan.

I see you ignored the ones that showed accuracy from Trump then. Why is that?

So what websites do you use for non-partisanism?

He hasn't even attempted to answer the question. Will he commit ground troops to fight Isis?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭flogthebog

Donald, your a laugh

He's rallied a bit, she had him reeling there for a while.

• Advertisement

He hasn't even attempted to answer the question. Will he commit ground troops to fight Isis?

Surprise & suspense... Donald Trump: The Mystery Box President.

:pac:

Advertisement