Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Third & Final US Presidential Debate

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,666 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Even taking into an account how much of an absolute clown Donald is, it is more a sad inditement on the American Poltical System and on the Republican Party in particular that he's even in this conversation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,920 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Is it too late to introduce a 3rd candidate? Anyone would do...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Jaysus, the face he pulls when she's talking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Thank you, President Clinton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

'Make America great again' just needs a logo and tune to it, not a bad tagline all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,310 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Wow I remember in Public Speaking 101 when I had 60 seconds to introduce myself. She just schooled me.

Donald is wasting his time attacking her...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Elliott S wrote: »
    I know. The Republicans could have walked this election had they chosen a better candidate. Hilary Clinton is not that liked and yet she is still likely a shoo-in. They really messed this up for themselves. It's embarrassing.

They'd do well to come out with some very strong comments on party-revitalization after this mess is done, then rally behind someone like Rubio for 4 years time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Let's be honest... Clinton has it won.
    I reckon Trump with get a good percentage of the vote (meaning it won't be a landslide) But it's her's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

"No one respects women more than me."
    "Such a nasty woman."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Did he offer information on one policy of his or just more rhetoric and soundbites?

Well that was great, except the bit where Trump basically admitted he intends stirring up his most insane conspiracy nut followers into a frenzy of contempt for democracy.

No handshake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

He finishes it by saying she's more of Barrack Obama.

Doesn't he realise that Obama's approval ratings are soaring right now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Enzokk wrote: »
    Did he offer information on one policy of his or just more rhetoric and soundbites?

Something, something, wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

His closing statement - snigger..

I actually think it is really camp the way he points at her with his little fingers

No hand shake

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Cliffnotes on Trump's final appeal to voters:
    increase military
    get rid of immigrants
    martial law??
    make shootings disappear
    I don't talk to blacks & hispanics.
    I really do hate her

Well done Donald, just needed a lingering fart to play him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

SNL are going to have a field day with this one. Alec Baldwin must be doing back flips. "Such a nasty woman" is likely to feature.

Enzokk wrote: »

Can't think of anything substantial that he said that isn't an easily debunked lie.

He did OK in the first half hour actually, but he started to bluster and lose his temper as it progressed. Clinton is probably going to be orgasming to the sound of him saying "nasty woman" tonight.

I know! I mean, if the laws were changed and Barrack were allowed to stand for a third term, even without any prep or campaign i think he'd have a real shot at keeping it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

I would rather vote for that moderator over the two actual candidates.

As an aside, does anyone else feel that America hasn't been great for some time? Since around the time they faked the Vietnam war?

• Advertisement

change (whatever that is) or no change, take your pick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭flogthebog

National right vs yawn

Yeah my immediate response was "I wish she would be another four years of Obama, sadly I don't think she's that good".

The only FACT-CHECK I'd read is on the weighing scale, it's more of a FAT-Check.

Donald Trump. Can You hear me Donald Trump. Your electoral prospects took a hell of a veating. Your electoral prospects took a hell of a beating...

FOX hilariously saying this is by far Trump's best debate and "well at least Clinton can say she stuck to prepared answers".

Their voices say otherwise... this was a genuine one sided bloodbath, which I can honestly say I've never seen before in any debate ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Duck Soup wrote: »
    SNL are going to have a field day with this one. Alec Baldwin must be doing back flips. "Such a nasty woman" is likely to feature.

All they have todo is take Saturday night off and play the video tape of the debate with canned laughter it would be just as good as anything they could write.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Even Fox News are disowning him now. That's totally bizarr.

Can't think of anything substantial that he said that isn't an easily debunked lie.

He did OK in the first half hour actually, but he started to bluster and lose his temper as it progressed. Clinton is probably going to be orgasming to the sound of him saying "nasty woman" tonight.

My personal favourite of what threatened to be policy only to turn into empty gas as it left his mouth was when he said he'll build the wall and then... we'll see where we are...

• Advertisement

No change on the returns for your money with the bookies, pretty much the exact same as 3hrs ago

Screen_Shot_2016_10_20_at_03_42_20.png

learn_more wrote: »
    Even Fox News are disowning him now. That's totally bizarr.

They've been lukewarm about him except for Hannity and O'Reilly. And O'Reilly told him to stop whining earlier this week.

Billy86 wrote: »
    FOX hilariously saying this is by far Trump's best debate and "well at least Clinton can say she stuck to prepared answers".

Their voices say otherwise... this was a genuine one sided bloodbath, which I can honestly say I've never seen before in any debate ever.
    I thought trump won that debate?

Obama is a 'n*gger', Trump would find it impossible to believe people want 4 more years of anything even like that.

EDIT to clarify: I'm saying that's Trump's view of why people wouldn't want more Obama, not mine, a slur the most famous and ardent birther of all has been nown to be very fond of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

No change on the returns for your money with the bookies, pretty much the exact same as 3hrs ago

Screen_Shot_2016_10_20_at_03_42_20.png

Not a bad enough performance from either to justify an odds movement to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,310 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Obama is a

You really should redact that post.

She was doing better from the start but yeah, he was trying to hold it together - I think it was Russia where he really started to crac, if memory serves.

No wonder Roger Ailes is the latest in a long, long line to abandon his campaign.

The fact he didn't sniffle as much probably helped the big lad, no significant movement from either odds wise.

Interesting to see that even on Boards that after each individual debate there's been less and less pro-Trump posters here to fight the disreputable fight.

• Advertisement

Not many impartial people here tonight.

Think the Moderator won, no one else.
    I'd like to have seen some cats or jugglers.

Obama is a 'n*gger', Trump would find it impossible to believe people want 4 more years of anything even like that.

0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

It's so funny watching Fox News. They have to talk in favour of Republicans but my God, you can see they are finding it very very difficult. I don't think we'll ever see anything like this ever again.

Overheal wrote: »
    You really should redact that post.

Oh don't get me wrong, it's not my opinion at all - it's Trumps, disgusting filth that he is. He is well known to have used that term many times, and is Birther In Chief.

Well, I mean we're over a year into this thing, after the final debate... it would be genuinely odd to not have picked a side by now.

• Advertisement

Act like a scumbag, get treated like a scumbag. Follow that up by spending the guts of 90 minutes making an utter fool of yourself in front of the world, and it's to be expected.

Wow.

Jesus these "members of the public" are bloody terrifying...
    (abc news)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I thought he did well

futuramafry.jpg

Act like a scumbag, get treated like a scumbag. Follow that up by spending the guts of 90 minutes making an utter fool of yourself in front of the world, and it's to be expected.

Wow again

• Advertisement
Advertisement