Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newly wired house cert

Options
  • 20-10-2016 6:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

My electrician is just after finishing work on my newly built house. Can anyone tell me do i need to get a cert or anything else from him? I know he has sent a cert to esb before they connected me. Is that all i need. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

eoin.d wrote: »
    My electrician is just after finishing work on my newly built house. Can anyone tell me do i need to get a cert or anything else from him? I know he has sent a cert to esb before they connected me. Is that all i need. Thanks

He needs to do some post connection tests and fill them in
    When all that is done he will furnish you a certificate

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭eoin.d

I'm connected to esb about 6 weeks and he done tests after that. He has been paid but never gave me any certs. I have to get him back to wire a new cooker maybe this is why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

I'm connected to esb about 6 weeks and he done tests after that. He has been paid but never gave me any certs. I have to get him back to wire a new cooker maybe this is why?
    Have you asked him for the Completion Cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭eoin.d

I have asked him if he has to give me a cert, he said no that he had all the certs sent to reci

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

I have asked him if he has to give me a cert, he said no that he had all the certs sent to reci

the original(of 4 )certs goes to the customer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

meercat wrote: »

the original(of 4 )certs goes to the customer
    It's also possible that he is using the recicerts online site. If so there is the option to print off a copy for the customer. For the avoidance of doubt it is a requirement of the Wiring Rules that the person ordering the work be furnished with a copy of the certificate.

Advertisement