Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Claims Court or?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭bog master

HI OP

that tallies exactly with what sky have said. 3 month suspension, no termination. did you ask for a transcript? it would be the proof, but thus far the evidence would seem to be that sky did what they said they would do.

you are correct in stating that sky use pressure tactics to keep customers from leaving.

If i were you i would still send a letter of complaint to sky, outlining your circumstances, eg losing your house, the fact you tried to cancel. and ask them for consider a partial refund, given the circumstances. Once you get a formal reply from sky, you can (if not satisfied) open a complaint with comreg.

however if sky have followed their T&C's then you are really looking for a goodwill gesture from sky (unless a transcript shows otherwise)

This is not what Sky has claimed in their email.
    "you called to advise that you wished to cancel your account and we offered to reduce your bill in order for you to stay. On this call, you advised that you would think about this offer and call back. As there was no call back, your account remained active and as such, your billing continued as normal."

Three months no billing, and then reduced billing for a period and then full billing. This is not "billing continued as normal". And they claim I would think about this offer of reduced billing, and did not call back. Since I did not call back, then why did they reduce the billing?

Advertisement