Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest 3rd Gen question

Options
  • 20-10-2016 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys
    I have just had a Nest 3rd Gen installed - have to say installation service was excellent by the way - very quick and clean. One of the best aspects was setting up a IFTTT rule that means my wife can no longer leave the heating on all day as the Nest turns on at 6am and the IFTTT rule turns temp down after 1hr 30 mins so in effect an on off switch which i will sell to her good self as the system learning our heating set up... sweet .  

So i have an Ideal Gas boiler and the heat link is attached so the Nest can turn on and off according to the schedule etc.. 

I have a immersion hot water tank that i can switch on and off at will. Can this be connected into the Nest so i can control hot water as needed with out heating being switched on? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi BrookieD,

Thank you for getting in touch.
    BrookieD wrote: »
    I have just had a Nest 3rd Gen installed - have to say installation service was excellent by the way - very quick and clean. One of the best aspects was setting up a IFTTT rule that means my wife can no longer leave the heating on all day as the Nest turns on at 6am and the IFTTT rule turns temp down after 1hr 30 mins so in effect an on off switch which i will sell to her good self as the system learning our heating set up... sweet .
    :D
    The above made us giggle - thank you for the laugh, and many thanks for your kind feedback, we are delighted to read of your happiness with the service.

We will put your question to Home Energy Services now, and you will be updated ASAP.

Una

________

Hi again BrookieD,

We have the following information for you:

Nest Gen 3 has a second built-in relay which is normally used to switch a hot water zone valve connected to a boiler. However, it is possible to use this relay to control the immersion supply, provided it is properly wired through a contactor switch.

If you private message us your name and telephone number, I can advise you in relation to contact details for further instruction on how to do this.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Hi again BrookieD,

Nest Gen 3 has a second built-in relay which is normally used to switch a hot water zone valve connected to a boiler. However, it is possible to use this relay to control the immersion supply, provided it is properly wired through a contactor switch.

If you private message us your name and telephone number, I can advise you in relation to contact details for further instruction on how to do this.

Best regards,
    Una
    Hi Una,

I just had a nest installed yesterday and I'm trying to ascertain how to set up my immersion to be controlled by it.
    I'd be grateful if you could forward me on the details.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Hi again BrookieD,

Best regards,
    Una
    Hi Una,

I just had a nest installed yesterday and I'm trying to ascertain how to set up my immersion to be controlled by it.
    Thanks.

Hi banie01,

Thank you for choosing Nest with Electric Ireland.

I have sent your query to the relevant department to see what can be arranged for you. I await response from them, and you will be updated ASAP.

If you have any other questions, do please let us know.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Hi again BrookieD,

Best regards,
    Una
    Do you know what the rating is in the second relay?

banie01 wrote: »
    Hi again BrookieD,

Best regards,
    Una
    Hi Una,

Thanks.
    Hi again banie01,

If you private message me your name and telephone number, I can assist you further then.

Thanks,
    Una
    ted1 wrote: »
    Hi again BrookieD,

Best regards,
    Una
    Do you know what the rating is in the second relay?
    Hi ted1,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I have sent your query to the relevant department and await response.

You will be updated ASAP.

Una

Advertisement