Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for being uncivil

Options
  • 20-10-2016 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

I posted a comment in the Limerick forum which i agree was not very classy.
    I have received a warning for being uncivil from one moderator and and ban from another moderator for the same offence.
    I have been on boards over 13 years, never received a warning or indeed a ban.
    Surely this should be taken into context instead of issuing an outright ban.
    Also suggest that moderators communicate with each other so as to remain consistent when issuing a warning/ban.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi - have you attempted to contact either or both mods to discuss the actions? This is the first step we recommend in resolving issues like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

I contacted both of them and received a response from one (who provided the warning) stating that they were fairly new to moderating and that a ban trumps a warning. I have not received a response from the moderator who banned me.
    I used the word T W A T.

Oh dear, that was not a good move. How long ago was it since you contacted him?

In the meantime, I'll ask the Region CMods to start looking into this.

I contacted him around 11.20am.
    Thing is the person to whom i responded had insulted a whole demographic in a stereotypical way. That does no excuse my behaviour but a little clarity or even a warning would have sufficed. Especially when you take into consideration that i have not received a single warning and or ban in my 13 plus years on Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Hi LimerickCity,
    I'll take a look at this for you, can you forward me the PM's in question so I can take a look.

Thank you!

• Advertisement

It's best to give some time for mods to respond. They're not always online.
    Thing is the person to whom i responded had insulted a whole demographic in a stereotypical way. That does no excuse my behaviour but a little clarity or even a warning would have sufficed. Especially when you take into consideration that i have not received a single warning and or ban in my 13 plus years on Boards.

To be honest, that's irrelevant. You are responsible for your own behaviour and this process looks only at your behaviour.

Anyway, as January has now entered the process, I'll step back, unless an Admin review is needed.

Thank you for the response but not entirely sure how to do that.

You can copy and paste them into this thread if you like.

Dear LimerickCity,

You have been warned for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

MarkR

Moderator Note

You may have found it a bit tongue in cheek, but please keep it civil.

Your post:

The only way the Roxboro SC would work is if it was demolished and bebuilt. Nobody wants to venture into that dark dank street to access those internal units. It also has a completely different demographic living nearby.

Agreed, its not very welcoming. Different demographic indeed - Penneys would be a great fit :)

You obnoxious #*%!.

Dear LimerickCity,

You have been banned from Limerick for one day for personal abuse.

This site is for civil discussion and so we don't allow discussion to descend into name calling and petty abuse.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

yop

Moderator Note

You know the rules

Your post:

The only way the Roxboro SC would work is if it was demolished and bebuilt. Nobody wants to venture into that dark dank street to access those internal units. It also has a completely different demographic living nearby.

Agreed, its not very welcoming. Different demographic indeed - Penneys would be a great fit :)

You obnoxious ?$%!.

• Advertisement

Having spoken to both moderators on this issue they are happy to lift the ban and have done so already.

The card will remain.

Thanks January for the quick response.

@LimerickCity - is this acceptable to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

No response in 1 month.
    Marked as resolved.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement