Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's going on at Quinn's Cross Roundabout?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Tim76 wrote: »
    Passed through there today after avoiding the area for the past 2 weeks. Looks like they are finally making progress, albeit at glacial pace.

I still can't figure out what the inner orbital section is for though... :confused:

Its for local drifters. Basically at full lock with the arse out if you feel your front wheels hitting the new outer curb on the orbital section its time to bail on the drift before you hit the roundabout.

Sorry i havent posted in a while. I fell into the road crossing on the N69 on sunday during the rain and they only got round to pulling me out this morning. The contractors said i was very lucky as they hadnt been scheduled to have an auld look at the N69 until at least july.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Tim76

Legend says if a man in shorts with a very large branch in his left hand, circles that roundabout exactly 229 times, the sharp edges of the father russell road exit will sink in to a more driveable surface. Oh and Desmonds Off Licence will reopen too.

Hopefully that "foundabout" the size of a Goodfellas pizza will disappear too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

transylman wrote: »

Traffic being stopped at all entrys onto it and each side getting a Go roughly every 15 minutes. Cars also slow getting through it as inadequate signage indicating how to get to correct exit. Traffic backed up as far as Centra on Raheen side just now and that is before the school run starts proper.

Was first car behind the Stop coming from raheen centra side. The Go side cars were coming towards me with so little clearance and at such speed I thought I was going to get side swiped. In hindsight I should have tried to get yer mans attention to engage his right arm to guide the traffic better, was just bracing myself till it was all over.
    Pikasso wrote: »
    Imagine if the same crowd were contracted to build a motorway to Cork? They'd get at least two centuries out of it!

Had friends visiting from a Spain back during the summer, they think I'm taking the piss when I tell them it's still going on now.

Currently stuck on the motorway slip road due too the n69 being backed up because of these lad. Sigh....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Tim76 wrote: »

I still can't figure out what the inner orbital section is for though... :confused:

passed there today around lunchtime and some guy coming from the Raheen side
    dangerously drove around inside the inner circle and cut across onto father Russel road with no indicator or anything

at first i thought he was doing a circuit

• Advertisement

No too decide do i go across country for my commute this morning or take a chance that the N69 is actually still there...

for the life of me i cant figure out why these works arent done at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Tim76

dashoonage wrote: »
    for the life of me i cant figure out why these works arent done at night.

They would have to pay them more. Cheaper to make you pay.

They boys are some outfit. The have half resurfaced one side of the N69....took back the top level of surface on the other side and then just left it and decided it would be better to finish the cycle lane to no where over the ****ing road...

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrJones2013

They boys are some outfit. The have half resurfaced one side of the N69....took back the top level of surface on the other side and then just left it and decided it would be better to finish the cycle lane to no where over the ****ing road...

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjoqpn5htvSAhVHFMAKHZugB60QjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2Fgallery%2FSRrFNWP&psig=AFQjCNF8B4NDbm5d1S5ItV07KT2gvJBQ0A&ust=1489754573898749

I bet ya they will have traffic lights set up there tomorrow....cause there wont be a lot of people trying to get into town like.

• Advertisement

they are never going to resurface the other side of the N69 are they :(

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

they are never going to resurface the other side of the N69 are they :(
    Patience, my son, patience.
    In all fairness, they've been at it now for a year and a quarter. Sure, aren't they flying it!
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

11th April and it's still not finished!
    :mad:

LB6 wrote: »
    11th April and it's still not finished!
    :mad:

I'm just happy they found a bit of tar for the N69

I'm just happy they found a bit of tar for the N69

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

The auld boys doing the schools are fairly lashing them up though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

The auld boys doing the schools are fairly lashing them up though...

Ya they seem to be pretty quick.. Any idea which building is the secondary school?

Stab*City wrote: »
    Ya they seem to be pretty quick.. Any idea which building is the secondary school?

No idea...i linked plans a few pages back probably has it in it.

I dont have kids so im not bothered....im only here for my commute times..:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

I drove from Mungret to Dooradyle last night, the finished surface on the Limerick side of the junction of Moore's Road is a disgrace for a new road. Surface higher than manhole covers and a dip on the left side of the road.

If not repaired these will only get worse with traffic using the road.

• Advertisement

phog wrote: »
    I drove from Mungret to Dooradyle last night, the finished surface on the Limerick side of the junction of Moore's Road is a disgrace for a new road. Surface higher than manhole covers and a dip on the left side of the road.

If not repaired these will only get worse with traffic using the road.

I know but arent the cycle lanes lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭ABlur

I have to admit to liking the new 3 Lane roundabout particularly when a driver going straight through at speed pushes you into the centre now you can go on the new hatched lane instead of slamming the brakes to avoid them!!

Stab*City wrote: »
    The secondary school hasn't started yet.
    The school nearest the main road is Gaelscoil Raithin, and the one further in adjacent to the park is Limerick Educate Together.

The roadworks latest deadline was the middle of March. It's now the middle of April. Despite the presence of crew nothing appears to have happened in weeks except a few white lines at the top of Moore's Road. One of their diggers even managed to knock a serious hole in the brand new wall last week which still hasn't been repaired yet.

The repair of the wall is phase due. Due to commence in 2019.

Update - they're resurfacing the mungret road again outside the college today. All the roads onto the roundabout are on a stop/go system - avoid like the plague!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

LB6 wrote: »
    Update - they're resurfacing the mungret road again outside the college today. All the roads onto the roundabout are on a stop/go system - avoid like the plague!

Yep, some crowd dug up the freshly surfaced section and they've to do it again. Where does the council get their project managers from at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Strettie11

Whoever ordered the road to be relaid should get credit in this case because too many times the council have let poor work be given the OK and the contractor gets paid.
    The road I live on was done 2 years ago and within 2 months the new surface just peeled away leaving the road worse than it was before hand. It is proving impossible to get it repaired since.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

The levels for the drains were all wrong there that is why they have to do it again

I swear to God - they are digging up the pedestrianised surfaces again!
    This job has got to go down on record as the most inefficient and incompetent road project ever.
    Not to mention the longest to complete!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Pikasso wrote: »
    I swear to God - they are digging up the pedestrianised surfaces again!

Where exactly?

Advertisement