Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card declined although I have funds

Options
  • 20-10-2016 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Hi,
    My VISA debit is being declined online although I have funds.
    'The card you have provided has been declined by provider, please check your details or try another.'

How can I get this fixed?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Shivi111

Just to update... I have spoken with customer care, where there were no problems with the account, they put me through to verified by visa where there were no issues or blocks, they told me to try again which I did on two websites but still getting the same message...

Help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Shivi111 wrote: »
    Just to update... I have spoken with customer care, where there were no problems with the account, they put me through to verified by visa where there were no issues or blocks, they told me to try again which I did on two websites but still getting the same message...

Help?
    Good Afternoon Shiv111,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie, as you have already spoken to our customer care reps who have account access I would suggest contacting the retailer by phone, or email and asking if they could authorise the payment manually as it is not working online. 

Thanks, 

Evie 

Help?
    Good Afternoon Shiv111,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie, as you have already spoken to our customer care reps who have account access I would suggest contacting the retailer by phone, or email and asking if they could authorise the payment manually as it is not working online. 

Thanks, 

Evie 
    Hi Evie
    Its happening with two different retailers so I am sure it must be an issue at the bank side... any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Siobhan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Help?
    Good Afternoon Shiv111,

Thanks, 

Evie 
    Hi Evie
    Its happening with two different retailers so I am sure it must be an issue at the bank side... any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Siobhan
    Hi Siobhan, 

Are these typical online retailers, or is this for something like an online payment system? You can DM me if you prefer by clicking on the link below my name. 

Thanks, 

Evie 

Help?
    Good Afternoon Shiv111,

Thanks, 

Evie 
    Hi Evie
    Thanks
    Siobhan
    Hi Siobhan, 

Are these typical online retailers, or is this for something like an online payment system? You can DM me if you prefer by clicking on the link below my name. 

Thanks, 

Evie 
    Hi Evie
    Typical retailers, Debenhams and the Book Depository.
    Thanks,
    Siobhan

• Advertisement

Hi,
    Just to update. I tried again this morning and online is still not working... though my card is working fine in ATM.
    Interestingly, this mornings attempt at Book Depository returned with the message 'The card you have provided has been declined by provider, please check your details or try another.' as before, and is now showing up on my 365 online account as a credit transaction of 0.00...
    Would appreciate any help on where to go from here.
    Thanks!

*Also not working on Amazon, so it I think it must be a bank issue.

Final update.
    Managed to get information from customer services this morning.
    It seems I used my card at an ATM that BOI were concerned might have been skimmed and so they suspended all activity that doesn't require my pin and have issued a new card to arrive next week.

All very sensible.

But... not sure why BOI did not immediately inform me of this fact so that I didn't have to waste so much time on the phone yesterday and today to find out... not sure why when I spoke to customer service and verified by visa yesterday on the phone no-one could give me this information???

Huge waste of my time, which is very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Final update.
    Managed to get information from customer services this morning.
    It seems I used my card at an ATM that BOI were concerned might have been skimmed and so they suspended all activity that doesn't require my pin and have issued a new card to arrive next week.

All very sensible.

But... not sure why BOI did not immediately inform me of this fact so that I didn't have to waste so much time on the phone yesterday and today to find out... not sure why when I spoke to customer service and verified by visa yesterday on the phone no-one could give me this information???

Huge waste of my time, which is very annoying.

Hi Shivi111,

Thank you for your posts here on Boards.ie.

We’re happy to hear this has since been resolved for you.

Generally a text or an email would be sent in this instance, if you’d like to follow up on why you did not receive a text or email please send query via the service desk on B365 Online and a representative with access to your account can check this.

If we can help with anything else please let us know here.

Thanks,

Tara C

Advertisement