Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charged three times for single transaction

Options
  • 20-10-2016 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I recently purchased a game from the website Greenmangaming.com. When I filled in payment details for my debit card I got directed to BOI's 3DSecure security layer, and entered the password. I was sent back to the purchasing page where I was told my bank had rejected the payment. I tried again using my BOI credit card and got the same message. So I chose the Paypal option and this went through without a problem.

I have now just noticed that all three charges (each 44.99) have shown up on my accounts. I have sent an email to the retailer requesting that two of these charges be reversed, but I wanted to check if there is anything else I should do. Do I need to formally notify BOI of the erroneous charges in case the retailer is not cooperative? How long should I give them to respond?

Thanks!

EDIT: They have gotten back to me immediately and said that the charges are just "authorizations" but that they did not take payment and have cancelled them. I will come back here and post again if the charges don't disappear.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Zillah wrote: »
    Hello,

I recently purchased a game from the website Greenmangaming.com. When I filled in payment details for my debit card I got directed to BOI's 3DSecure security layer, and entered the password. I was sent back to the purchasing page where I was told my bank had rejected the payment. I tried again using my BOI credit card and got the same message. So I chose the Paypal option and this went through without a problem.

I have now just noticed that all three charges (each 44.99) have shown up on my accounts. I have sent an email to the retailer requesting that two of these charges be reversed, but I wanted to check if there is anything else I should do. Do I need to formally notify BOI of the erroneous charges in case the retailer is not cooperative? How long should I give them to respond?

Thanks!

EDIT: They have gotten back to me immediately and said that the charges are just "authorizations" but that they did not take payment and have cancelled them. I will come back here and post again if the charges don't disappear.
    Good Afternoon Zillah, 

Thanks for contacting us here at Boards.ie sorry to hear that this has happened,but as the retailer has said these would be payments we had authorised, which weren't completed. These can take up to 5 working days to be removed from your account. If, after this timeframe you do not see them disappear and your balance increase accordingly, then send a message through the Online Service Desk's Ask A Question service and a rep with account access will complete a Transaction Dispute form. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

Advertisement