Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FYI oops!! Apple watch os10

Options
  • 20-10-2016 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

just a wee warning... I was wearing a pair of gym gloves (i'm left handed and the watch was on my right hand) while doing a workout the "Emergency SOS" got activated on the watch.. I think the combination of the glove and position caused it to press the button on the watch and it proceeded to dial the emergency services!! I heard the voice so i answered and had to apologise profusely as it was an accident...

I found out how to disable the button for this but the watch/phone combination continued to send mms messages to my emergency contact for approx 24 hours... a lot more than it was supposed to i think (says its once every 4 hours) but the phone showed over 10 mms sent with my "position"

If you do have an apple watch and you don't need the watch to act this way I really recommend you deactivate this feature, you can still activate it via a swipe..

Just embarrassing I suppose! but a bit annoying that there was no way to completely deactivate the "feature"

Advertisement