Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman 70.3 Dublin 2017

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭reidman

Yeah I meant to note the drafting but then the road was tight in so many places you are bound to get traffic, having said that I had one large group fly by once we were well west of Dublin, including Irish club guys going side by side and staying that way as long as I had sight of this group approx 25-30 riders. As you say, kept the head down and got on with my end of things. The bike course doesn't help either but that's no excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Labcoats and Running Shoes

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I'm surprised there weren't more complaining about the drafting it was a joke altogether.

One of the lads in the club I'm in got a 5 min penalty for drafting. From what everyone is saying it seems like he's one of the few that got done! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Who policed drafting? Ironman themselves?
    I remember in Austria there were draft marshall on lap one of bike...nowhere to be seen for lap two.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭rodriquez

I remember in Austria there were draft marshall on lap one of bike...nowhere to be seen for lap two.

I saw draft a marshal on the way in to Dunboyne - I thought he had a TI hi-viz on him. he seemed to be patrolling that section for a while, I heard of one person getting a warning along that stretch

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Statler

Draft marshal has video up here, not too clear if he's with TI or IM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khCFod9g2y8

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Statler wrote: »
    Draft marshal has video up here, not too clear if he's with TI or IM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khCFod9g2y8

The first video in his series has a TI motorcycle official in it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSUMByPUlYE

So assume they were TI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

Does anyone know where you can find picture of the cycle leg? I did the cycle as part of a relay and would love a picture.
    I was very mindful of drafting until about 30kms in four guys went past me in a train and soon another group of five or six all drafting as best as they could.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭reidman

If you mean a picture of you on the bike go to finisherpix and search your bib number

Advertisement