Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension Providers - Are there big differences?

• 20-10-2016 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, So I'm a director in a small Architecture Firm (by small I mean there is 3 of us, all directors). I've talked to two major pension providers they've both advised 'Individual Executive Pensions' all round, with very similar spreads and very similar returns.

So my question is this are there major differences between the providers that I'm missing?

Are there any specific questions I should ask of them first?

Any general pension advice is appreciated too, I'm just trying to make an informed decision.

Thanks,
    G

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

There'll be differences in charges, and fund choices.

It's difficult or perhaps impossible for an Architect to make the most appropriate choice, so I'd always recommend getting proper advice.

Have you considered trusteeship, and adding in DIS/PHI?

Advertisement