Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sourcing Plumbing Materials in Northern Ireland (NI)

Options
  • 20-10-2016 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi Folks,

I am working on a house renovation in the West at the moment, and am almost at the 1st fix plumbing stage. I'm looking for all plumbing materials, stove to heat rads. Irish prices including VAT would be just less than €6,000 inc VAT - Materials only

With the exchange rate currently, I am thinking of sourcing materials in the North.

Is there anything to watch out for if I do this, or has anybody any advice on this ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Hi Folks,

I am working on a house renovation in the West at the moment, and am almost at the 1st fix plumbing stage. I'm looking for all plumbing materials, stove to heat rads. Irish prices including VAT would be just less than €6,000 inc VAT - Materials only

With the exchange rate currently, I am thinking of sourcing materials in the North.

Is there anything to watch out for if I do this, or has anybody any advice on this ?

Thanks in advance

All pipework, connectors, fittings, valves etc etc will be in metric sizes.
    So depending on what you are buying, at some point you may need some metric / imperial adaptors.
    Only other issue is warranty, you may not get the southern distributer of a product to do a warranty call on a northern purchased product. Check with the distributer or seller so that you are aware of any warranty jurisdiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Irishman2009

Thanks for the tip off there

Advertisement