Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual SIM adapter for Iphone

• 20-10-2016 6:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭

Only today I seen 2 ads for similar items, Bluetooth SIM Card Adapter, they look like a good idea for people using 2 phones.

Simpro and the NeeCoo* Bluetooth V4.0 Dual SIM Card Adapter *link to Google

Anyone ever use them? Any feedback?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

So, instead of carrying another phone, you have to carry a sim card adapter which is bigger than most phones? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

So, instead of carrying another phone, you have to carry a sim card adapter which is bigger than most phones? :D

It looks like they are smaller than most phones but you can have that in your pocket, you would answer/make all the calls, text etc in 1 phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

nava wrote: »
    It looks like they are smaller than most phones but you can have that in your pocket, you would answer/make all the calls, text etc in 1 phone.

Looks like you have to make the calls using their app? That's not ideal? Probably the same with texts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Looks like you have to make the calls using their app? That's not ideal? Probably the same with texts.

Yes it looks like that from the videos, it would be better if you could use the Iphone apps but probably apple wouldn't allow that, as far as I know they are more strict that Android on allowing other apps to use their dialer and text apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Apple too greedy to allow dual sims. They just expect us to buy more handsets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Goodbye battery life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭loinnsigh

I need a UK (NI) mobile number for personal use but my work phone is a ROI number.
    So I tried 2 different types of these - GoodTalk S and Emontek. The Emontek didn't work at all, and the GoodTalk S worked once then stopped working. The apps for both were poor also. I returned both for refund.
    The concept is good, but the hardware is not. If anyone has found one that works well I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Advertisement