Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems just seem to follow me with Eir

Options
  • 20-10-2016 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

Hello again, So i got my account in my previous address canceled and re contracted an out of date eir contract at the new address im at. This address has been getting speeds of 26mb/s for the last 2 years consistently, Ive used it, its a family home! Now that ive moved in and set everything up Bang 1.6mb/s speeds in the afternoon. This is on efibre btw. I am so sick of eirs crap at this stage, my own connection was a pain to set up last year, i was getting billed wrong for months, il probably still end up getting billed for my canceled account from what ive heard from other people and now this addresses connection has inexplicably gone down the toilet 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Down to .3mbs now, was the same last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Down to .3mbs now, was the same last night
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Icyseanfitz,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We're so sorry to hear you have experienced issues with your service. A recent outage did affect our service on Wednesday however service should be restored as of last night. Can you reboot your modem & let me know if that works.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

i have rebooted it but my speed is now sitting at 14mbs, while this is better than .3mbs its no where near the steady 26mbs this connection was getting a week ago 

i have rebooted it but my speed is now sitting at 14mbs, while this is better than .3mbs its no where near the steady 26mbs this connection was getting a week ago 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend contacting the technical team & troubleshooting the issues you are experiencing [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Icyseanfitz[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]. You can contact them on 1890260260 or Freephone 1901 option 2. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]- Pamela [/font]

so rang 1901 2 hours ago, talked to guy named richard in tech support, he tried to fix my problem, told me the speed had been cut in a number of connections while trying to fix the issue over the last few days, couldnt do it so he rang up head office about the issue (whatever that means) and told me hed be back onto me. Havnt heard anything since. My internet was at 14mbs 2 hours ago and now its at 4mbs! so probably down to .2, .3mbs for the  night, Looks like im in for a weekend with no proper internet connection and i have exams next week!! Thanks Eir, always a brilliant service!!!

• Advertisement

Got a phone call this evening from Richard, said he tried to put my speed back to what it was but couldn't, so its gone to 18mbs from 26mbs. The reasoning behind this was that the speeds I was getting where unstable for the line... For 2 years it seemed pretty stable to me but sure what do I know, is there anything at all that can be done to get better speeds than 18mbs? Its pitiful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭WhoWhatWhere

Got a phone call this evening from Richard, said he tried to put my speed back to what it was but couldn't, so its gone to 18mbs from 26mbs. The reasoning behind this was that the speeds I was getting where unstable for the line... For 2 years it seemed pretty stable to me but sure what do I know, is there anything at all that can be done to get better speeds than 18mbs? Its pitiful

You can demand they return your speeds. I've had that before but I've rang tech and insisted my speeds were returned to normal, don't let them mess you around.

pity no one on here can help, seems like a pretty pointless board to be honest, Only good for venting now it seems. I remember when there was a rep called Alan here last year, couldnt praise him enough, he was the only reason i stuck with eir. He would actually troubleshoot issue, call you, try and fix the problem. The idea of calling for a fight to get 10mbs back (that shouldnt have been taken away) just makes me tired, soon as siro is available for me the sooner im gone from these shower of cowboys 

so rang 1901 2 hours ago, talked to guy named richard in tech support, he tried to fix my problem, told me the speed had been cut in a number of connections while trying to fix the issue over the last few days, couldnt do it so he rang up head office about the issue (whatever that means) and told me hed be back onto me. Havnt heard anything since. My internet was at 14mbs 2 hours ago and now its at 4mbs! so probably down to .2, .3mbs for the  night, Looks like im in for a weekend with no proper internet connection and i have exams next week!! Thanks Eir, always a brilliant service!!!
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear you feel this way [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Icyseanfitz.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your account number & I will double-check this?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

so a technician came out to "fix" my line as apparently there was an internal fault. he installed a new modem and tried to get my speed back, he told me my line could take 26mb but he wasnt allowed to raise my speeds when he rang. that was ok, but now my connection is dropping the whole damn time. trying to watch the mcgregor fight saturday night was one of the most frustrating experiences of my life due to eir. right now im at less than 1mb download, im sure it will jump a 100 more times tonight.

The worst part is we had none of these instability problems until ye reduced the speed on our line to make it stable. As always eir, an absolute f***ing joke. 

• Advertisement

so a technician came out to "fix" my line as apparently there was an internal fault. he installed a new modem and tried to get my speed back, he told me my line could take 26mb but he wasnt allowed to raise my speeds when he rang. that was ok, but now my connection is dropping the whole damn time. trying to watch the mcgregor fight saturday night was one of the most frustrating experiences of my life due to eir. right now im at less than 1mb download, im sure it will jump a 100 more times tonight.

The worst part is we had none of these instability problems until ye reduced the speed on our line to make it stable. As always eir, an absolute f***ing joke. 
    Feel free to PM me Icyseanfitz.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

pm sent, thanks Pamela 

pm sent, thanks Pamela 

pm sent, thanks Pamela 
    No problem  Icyseanfitz,

Thanks,
    Pamela 

connection seems to be steady for the last 2 days anyway so that something. I have a question though, i see on eir's roll out map(http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ that my address is on the  blue fibre lines, this means ftth is planned for my address right? any sort of time line on it? 

connection seems to be steady for the last 2 days anyway so that something. I have a question though, i see on eir's roll out map(http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ that my address is on the  blue fibre lines, this means ftth is planned for my address right? any sort of time line on it? 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Icyseanfitz,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I replied to your PM & this has been assigned to a technician again.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you select all under SELECT EXCHANGE STATUS & hover your mouse over your location it should give you a timeframe for this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

I am back again, been having continuous disconnect issues with eir since before xmas, can ye please run a test to check if theres another fault in my line! I am at my wits end tbh, no idea whats wrong with it, whether its my powerline adapters (tp link av500's, we have a long bungalow so we need them as eir dont offer any sort of help with big house connectivity) or on eirs end. 

There has been a lot of work outside the house for the past month as well installing what i presume is yer ftth cables, maybe they fecked up our line while doing that?

Can i please get this checked quickly, i am so so so so so fed up with this crap 

I am back again, been having continuous disconnect issues with eir since before xmas, can ye please run a test to check if theres another fault in my line! I am at my wits end tbh, no idea whats wrong with it, whether its my powerline adapters (tp link av500's, we have a long bungalow so we need them as eir dont offer any sort of help with big house connectivity) or on eirs end. 

There has been a lot of work outside the house for the past month as well installing what i presume is yer ftth cables, maybe they fecked up our line while doing that?

Can i please get this checked quickly, i am so so so so so fed up with this crap 
    I'm sorry to hear this you are experiencing issues again wth your service. Unfortunately I would be unable to test your line from here as only the technical support team can perform these checks. I would recommend contacting the technical team & troubleshooting the issues you are experiencing. You can contact them on 1890260260 or freephone 1901 option 2. 

Thanks, 
    Pamela 

right back at it, had to get some post from the old address i used to live at last year and I was surprised to see 3 letters from arvato financial solutions looking for money off of me on behalf of eircom limited, first letter looked for €43.11, second €61.56, and third €80.01 while also threatening me with legal action!!! 
    To the best of my knowledge (i was on direct debit) i had payed my final month at the old address and then a contract was renewed at my new address under my name. Out of principle, and to do with all the crap i had to go through to even get a connection from eir and then a steady connection getting overcharged, all the problems with my current connection and getting speed cuts and crappy service, I am not paying ye any of this money.

right back at it, had to get some post from the old address i used to live at last year and I was surprised to see 3 letters from arvato financial solutions looking for money off of me on behalf of eircom limited, first letter looked for €43.11, second €61.56, and third €80.01 while also threatening me with legal action!!! 
    To the best of my knowledge (i was on direct debit) i had payed my final month at the old address and then a contract was renewed at my new address under my name. Out of principle, and to do with all the crap i had to go through to even get a connection from eir and then a steady connection getting overcharged, all the problems with my current connection and getting speed cuts and crappy service, I am not paying ye any of this money.
    Can you PM me the account number on the letter Icyseanfitz & I'll take a look into this.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

Any update

Any update
    Apologies for the delay  Icyseanfitz. I'll be back to you today.

-Pamela 

Thanks Pamela.

Quick question, I've don't the ftth (up to 1000mbs)  availability checker on eirs site, phone number and eir code, it says its available for my address. Can I please you to double check if it is before I call customer service

Thanks Pamela.

Quick question, I've don't the ftth (up to 1000mbs)  availability checker on eirs site, phone number and eir code, it says its available for my address. Can I please you to double check if it is before I call customer service
    No problem  Icyseanfitz, PM me the details & I'll check this. :D

-Pamela 

thanks Pamela, pm sent

thanks Pamela, pm sent
    Thanks Icyseanfitz,

-Pamela 

hi Pamela, the kn technician called out last friday to install our ftth broadband upgrade, unfortunately he couldnt get at the underground ducting for our existing line. He told us to go dig it up ourselves and hed be back maybe tuesday. Unfortunately i dont have the time to go digging up a gravel driveway or the money to hire someone out to do it, my father has a heart condition so he cant either. While the technician was out he said he could do an overhead line but underground would be better due to trees.

I was hoping he would come back tuesday so i could tell him to just put in an overhead line and id cut back the tree branches in my own time but as usual he never came back or got in touch.

What do i do here? 

Hi Icyseanfitz, 

I am very sorry to hear the technician never got back in touch. 

However, I have looked into this for you and I can see there is an appointment to be rescheduled on your account. In order for us to rescheduled this appointment, you would need to contact our appointment department on 01-5366550 were they would be able to arrange a technician to come back out to the premises.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks, 
    Leanne. 

rang up 2 weeks ago and rescheduled, was told id get a text  within 5 working days to confirm date/time, of course that hasnt happened and i still dont have an installation date..... i presume no one here can do a single thing to help me except to just tell me to ring again 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Icyseanfitz,

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can you please PM me your account number and full name and I will follow this up for you?

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement