Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems just seem to follow me with Eir

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

hopefully thats the end of this saga! thanks for the help Anna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

No problem at all.

Thanks,
    Anna

Back again. got our first ftth bill in the door and its a lot more than what it should be. im on the 1000mbs package which from what i can remember was supposed to be around the 90euro a month mark. the bill we got in is for 187.49euro. its broken down into, eir bundle = €85, summary usage charges = €42.50, modem charge = €59.99.

i understand having to pay for the modem, but what is this summary charge about? in usage charges its under excess broadband usage. I wasnt made aware of any download limits for this package and even if there are i find it hard to believe we have passed them. Can i please get this looked into.

as a side note, our home phone has stopped working completely so can i get that looked into too please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Back again. got our first ftth bill in the door and its a lot more than what it should be. im on the 1000mbs package which from what i can remember was supposed to be around the 90euro a month mark. the bill we got in is for 187.49euro. its broken down into, eir bundle = €85, summary usage charges = €42.50, modem charge = €59.99.

i understand having to pay for the modem, but what is this summary charge about? in usage charges its under excess broadband usage. I wasnt made aware of any download limits for this package and even if there are i find it hard to believe we have passed them. Can i please get this looked into.

as a side note, our home phone has stopped working completely so can i get that looked into too please.
    Hi Icyseanfitz, 

I'm afraid Anna is longer with us. 

Can you PM me your account number and I'll look into this for you?

Thanks

Adam 

done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Rarely comment on customer service as it's a tough thankless job that's rarely the agent's fault. 

However, the amount of absolute bull**** I'd to go through yesterday deserves commenting on. I'm pretty laid back when dealing with companies but Jesus, this was something else. 

Eir is without a doubt the worst company I've ever dealt with. Downright atrocious. 

I was transferred to the wrong department 3 times when trying to cancel an account yesterday. Add in given the wrong number to call twice, and your webchat was about as useful as a lid on a McFlurry.

Not the first time I've had issues with the level of service provided, but thankfully it's the last. 

for anyone that might pop into this thread, the highest end broadband you can buy (90+ euro) is advertised as unlimited but is in fact limited to 1TB of data. Might seem like a lot but if you have a 1gig ftth connection and like to watch 4k content as well as download games with multiple users, it doesnt last long!

went 28gigs over 1TB last month and got charged an extra 42 euro for the pleasure. 

Also Adam, my house phone no longer works at all! can this get checked please? everytime i try to use it im told that there is a line disconnected. Ive not disconnected anything on my end.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 spiritof1963

Welcome to my world Icyseanfitz... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057767966&referrerid=851284

I'd recommend leaving EIR to be honest - I did because of the 'ambiguous' marketing ploys and absolute disregard for customer satisfaction.

Mind you I had to pay an 'early exit' penalty - still worth it though, as I now have access to truely unlimited and hassle free broadband.

for anyone that might pop into this thread, the highest end broadband you can buy (90+ euro) is advertised as unlimited but is in fact limited to 1TB of data. Might seem like a lot but if you have a 1gig ftth connection and like to watch 4k content as well as download games with multiple users, it doesnt last long!

went 28gigs over 1TB last month and got charged an extra 42 euro for the pleasure. 

Also Adam, my house phone no longer works at all! can this get checked please? everytime i try to use it im told that there is a line disconnected. Ive not disconnected anything on my end.
    Hi,

I have received your PM. I'll go through my PM's and I'll be back in touch with an update ASAP.

- Adam

Rarely comment on customer service as it's a tough thankless job that's rarely the agent's fault. 

However, the amount of absolute bull**** I'd to go through yesterday deserves commenting on. I'm pretty laid back when dealing with companies but Jesus, this was something else. 

Eir is without a doubt the worst company I've ever dealt with. Downright atrocious. 

I was transferred to the wrong department 3 times when trying to cancel an account yesterday. Add in given the wrong number to call twice, and your webchat was about as useful as a lid on a McFlurry.

Not the first time I've had issues with the level of service provided, but thankfully it's the last. 
    Hi MantalMario,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced while on the phone to us. I will pass this feedback on tot he relevant department. I'm afraid I'd be unable to close an account from here, you would need to give us another ring on 1901 to arrange this I'm afraid. 

- Adam

• Advertisement

well the household is well over the fair usage policy of 1Tb already ([font=gt-regular, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]1117252 MB)[/font] and my bill isnt due until september the 5th! how in the name of god is 1Tb a sensible limit for a 1gig ftth connection? i obviously ordered this kind of speed (why else would i want it) as my house uses a lot of bandwidth, to be restriced to the same usage as a 15mb connection is stupid beyond reason. There are 6 people using it to watch netflix/youtube/games and with a connection of this speed everything is automatically streamed at the highest quality.

Furthermore i was never advised on ordering eirs most expensive home connection that i was limited to 1Tb, I was sold unlimited! 

If this keeps up and if i receive charges for this i will have no option but to cancel it. What a god damn joke!

well the household is well over the fair usage policy of 1Tb already ([font=gt-regular, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]1117252 MB)[/font] and my bill isnt due until september the 5th! how in the name of god is 1Tb a sensible limit for a 1gig ftth connection? i obviously ordered this kind of speed (why else would i want it) as my house uses a lot of bandwidth, to be restriced to the same usage as a 15mb connection is stupid beyond reason. There are 6 people using it to watch netflix/youtube/games and with a connection of this speed everything is automatically streamed at the highest quality.

Furthermore i was never advised on ordering eirs most expensive home connection that i was limited to 1Tb, I was sold unlimited! 

If this keeps up and if i receive charges for this i will have no option but to cancel it. What a god damn joke!
    Hi Icyseanfitz, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

Unfortunalty our fair usage policy is 1TB, these details can be found in our terms and conditions. 

terms and conditions link

On page 3.1 section 5. 

I am sorry I cannot offer better news. 

-Adam 

****ing hopeless

what are the cheaper ftth download packages? if im going to be constantly getting charged for something i wasnt told about on ordering im going to have to reduce the cost of my package somehow to offset it

what are the cheaper ftth download packages? if im going to be constantly getting charged for something i wasnt told about on ordering im going to have to reduce the cost of my package somehow to offset it
    If you click the below link and enter your details you'll be able to see our current FTTH plans. However, these are our plans for new customers. I'd recommend giving our loyalty team a ring on 1901 to check exactly what is available to you.

https://www.eir.ie/broadband/coverage-map/

- Adam

back again, after receiving a ridiculous bill of something like 300 euro on my ftth package (90euro). I cannot login to my eir for some reason (it isnt giving me one just doesnt respond to me entering password) so can i get help to see what this out of package data usage was. 

apparently we went over the FUP by 1Tb of data. This cant be right watching standard HD (not 4k or even 2k) tv shows through netflix and downloading around 5 games (20 gigs each max) in the last month, we also use eir tv which is free of FUP, this combined should not have us this far over our limit

ive gotten into my eir, can someone please explain to me properly how the hell my bill for december was 110 euro but my bill for january is 171 euro when my usage for December was 1309745 MB and my usage for January was 1389483 MB, thats the only difference that i can see. and i now already have a bill for February for 233 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭RGB LDN

ive gotten into my eir, can someone please explain to me properly how the hell my bill for december was 110 euro but my bill for january is 171 euro when my usage for December was 1309745 MB and my usage for January was 1389483 MB, thats the only difference that i can see. and i now already have a bill for February for 233 euro
    Try checking your charged usage "out of bundle charges".

If you're still on the same plan (i.e. you're not at the end of a promo period) as when your bill was €110, then it isn't possible that data overages could account for an extra €123 on your bill, as they cap data overage charges at €100.

Where customer usage exceeds the specified monthly download/upload limit appropriate to the customer's chosen level, the company reserves the right to charge the customer for the excess use or to request the customer to select a more appropriate level. In the event of a customer refusing or neglecting to select an appropriate level, eir may upon due notice terminate the provision of the facility to the customer. The additional charge for excess usage is €2.03 per GB (€1.65 ex. VAT) up to a maximum of €24.40 (inc. VAT) per month. eir Fibre packages with unlimited usage are subject to a Fair Usage policy of 1TB per month. Usage is excess of 1TB will be charged at €2.50(inc. VAT) for every 10 GB up to maximum of €100(Inc.VAT) per month - from https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/.content/pdf/terms/Part3.1.pdf

If you've used 1,389,483 MB in Janurary, then you've gone well over the 1TB limit.
    However, it may be that they've charged you over €100, as eir hasn't the best reputation when it comes to billing etc...
    If you feel, after contacting Eir, that they have't done enough, then here are some links to Government websites to help you out. 

www.comreg.ie
    www.ec.europa.eu/info/departments/justice-and-consumers_en

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

back again, after receiving a ridiculous bill of something like 300 euro on my ftth package (90euro). I cannot login to my eir for some reason (it isnt giving me one just doesnt respond to me entering password) so can i get help to see what this out of package data usage was. 
    Hi Icyseanfitz,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Advertisement

sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

sent
    I will reply to your PM shortly.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement