Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems just seem to follow me with Eir

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would recommend contacting the sales team on 1800 503 303 for the best support on this.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

just to let anyone know thats thinking of going with eir.

I rang up to put a new order through as advised here only to be told that according to eirs system my ftth had been installed all the way back in april! Thought i had gotten that sorted out through ye here but apparently not. So after been passed around to god knows how many reps my "existing" Ftth got cancelled, i was assured this would not affect my current fttc but who the hell knows. 
    Got passed onto sales to setup a new order to be left waiting for 40 minutes only to be hung up on, eventually got back onto a lady called Paula in sales who told me that because the girl cancelled my previous (non existent) ftth order id have to wait another 24 hours to reorder and that shed ring me back tomorrow at 3pm.

All in all i wasted about an hour and 30 minutes to cancel a service that was never provided without the option of reordering a new service. Fantastic service as always.

Aaaaaand there's an eir technician coming after 12 today. I have no idea what's going on anymore, are there multiple orders or something on my address?

When the technician arrives, can you please inform us here of what he has said as our Wholesale team have advised that this order was cancelled.

Thanks,
    Anna

im not home but im told he is there working away laying out all the cable. Id rather not annoy the man that is actually getting something done (same man who ordered in the pole that was done within a week btw) or get him in  trouble as this is the type of service eir should be promoting.

• Advertisement

I can assure you the technician would not get in trouble for this.

Please let us know if the service is installed today.

Thanks,
    Anna

right back again. The kn technician did as much as he could the last day but the installation hasnt been completed. He ran the cable to the house so im nearly fecking there.

First problem, im after getting a letter in the post with a cancellation fee of 59.99euro. I havnt cancelled any of my services, i am asking for them to be upgraded to the newer ftth speeds so i have no idea why ive gotten a cancellation fee. 

Secondly i had two men call out yesterday to do a pole installation even though this was completed a few weeks ago. I figure i must be stuck in some order loop that keeps repeating.

right back again. The kn technician did as much as he could the last day but the installation hasnt been completed. He ran the cable to the house so im nearly fecking there.

First problem, im after getting a letter in the post with a cancellation fee of 59.99euro. I havnt cancelled any of my services, i am asking for them to be upgraded to the newer ftth speeds so i have no idea why ive gotten a cancellation fee. 

Secondly i had two men call out yesterday to do a pole installation even though this was completed a few weeks ago. I figure i must be stuck in some order loop that keeps repeating.
    Hi Icyseanfitz,

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Can you please PM me your account number and I will have a further look into this for you?

Thanks, 
    Anna. 

account number: 14431181

Hi Icyseanfitz, 

For security reasons, I would recommend removing your account number from public view.

Can you please PM me your account details so I can have a further look into this for you?

Thanks, 
    Anna.

• Advertisement

done and at this stage i really dont care, if someone wants to hack into my account and deal with eir in my place they are more than welcome 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

done and at this stage i really dont care, if someone wants to hack into my account and deal with eir in my place they are more than welcome 
    Hi Icyseanfitz,

Anna is currently out of the office, however, if you would like to PM me your details, I will check on this for you. 

Thanks,
    Adam

Done Adam.

So my current situation is that the fibre line was brought all the way to my house but my ftth hasn't been installed yet. Going on 4 months of this utter ****. Got a cancellation letter in the door last week with a 59.99 euro fee for a ftth package.....explain that one please as I've never had a working ftth package? And now to really just rub it in my current fttc broadband hasn't worked for the last 2 hours.

I really can't get angry anymore, just fed up of this and want it sorted one way or another.

yeah so the crappy fttc (16mbs) that i had, and had been assured id keep until the upgrade went through on my end, hasnt worked since around 3-4pm. I presume what ye are after doing is canceling my fttc with the non existent ftth connection that ye cancelled! This is unacceptable! we dont have any lte or 3g coverage here to keep us going until we get the ftth installed (whenever the hell that will happen). In a house of 6 with people running a small business, others doing online college courses, and our entire entertainment system, this was exactly what i asked for not to happen when i ordered the upgrade all the way back in march.

Can this case be shown to a supervisor or someone in charge because at this stage its a ****ing joke.

Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

yeah so the crappy fttc (16mbs) that i had, and had been assured id keep until the upgrade went through on my end, hasnt worked since around 3-4pm. I presume what ye are after doing is canceling my fttc with the non existent ftth connection that ye cancelled! This is unacceptable! we dont have any lte or 3g coverage here to keep us going until we get the ftth installed (whenever the hell that will happen). In a house of 6 with people running a small business, others doing online college courses, and our entire entertainment system, this was exactly what i asked for not to happen when i ordered the upgrade all the way back in march.

Can this case be shown to a supervisor or someone in charge because at this stage its a ****ing joke.

Sean
    I am really sorry to hear of the issues you're experiencing with your bill and your broadband service. 

I will go through my PM's shortly and I'll be back in touch as soon as I have an update on this. 

- Adam

thanks for the detailed reply Adam. I rang technical services and sure enough all my current fttc service has been cut off until my ftth gets installed which is apparently happening next tuesday. Appalling to be honest, my partner has a college assignment due this friday and this is going to cause all sorts of problems! 

Hi Icyseanfitz, 

I completely understand your frustration here and I do apologise for any inconvenience caused. Unfortunately, we would be unable to escalate this for you as there are no earlier appointments available.

Please feel free to get in touch if you have any further queries.

Thanks, 
    Anna. 

how am i going to be compensated for this whole mess? i presume not at all 

is my technician appointment tomorrow still happening? i need to know please as il have to take another day off work

From what I can see on your account a technician is due out before 5 pm today.

Once the service has been installed, can you please PM me to advise me?

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement

aaaand im back :mad: 

technician came yesterday, installed my ftth, all went smooth, was getting close to the 1000mbs so i was happy and planning to make a network around the house. Got a call today about 5.10pm from a man working for eir who said he was monitoring the situation with my broadband installation and was ringing to check up and make sure it all had gone smoothly, i told him it had and was just so relived to have finally gotten it installed! i had to go somewhere for the night straight after the phone call. 

About an hour after the call i got a phone call from my partner telling me the internet had stopped working..........****ing fantastic! got home around 11.30pm and sure enough there is zero internet in the house, no internet light on the modem and no connection on the modems webpage.

Please tell me ye havnt cancelled this package too? because it sure feels like ye have.

i am so bloody sick of this, i finally thought i had gotten it and that was the end of all this god damn drama but no such luck!

Please tell me what is going on!!!

Hi Icyseanfitz,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I have checked your account and nothing has been cancelled.

Hav you contacted our technical support team in regards to this?

You will need to contact them to troubleshoot this issue on 1890 260 260 or freephone 1901.

Thanks,
    Anna

more customer care, great....

I am very sorry Icyseanfitz.

Unfortunately, we would be unable to troubleshoot any technical difficulties from here.

Thanks,
    Anna

was onto a nice fella called Jamie in tech support for about an hour, we tried everything he could think of, the lights where all good on the ONT but for some reason we couldnt get the internet light on the modem to work, i tried another f2000 that i had as well so it wasnt the modem. Basically it should be working but it isnt.

And because of this Jamie couldnt log a fault on the line with open eir, technically we are getting the service :( he told me he would try to ring me back today or tomorrow with news.

god i had it for 1 day :( what a mess

I am truly sorry :(

I will query this with a manager in the technical support team to see if they would be bale to look into this further.

Thanks,
    Anna

thank you

No problem at all.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks,
    Anna

Jamie got back to me just there, said he that i was connected to the call center or something and he had to change a few ports. All working again :) 

• Advertisement

I'm delighted to hear this :D

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement