Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visonic alarm - walk through advice please

Options
  • 20-10-2016 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have a visonic alarm, it was installed about 5 years ago but the guy who installed it has since gone out of business do I have nobody to call when I need advice.

The box is saying alarm in memory and system trouble, I assumed it was because the batteries needed changing so I did that and now it is also showing trouble for all of the sensors in the entire house after changing them (tamper warning), it says GSM warning too, and I reckon I need to do some kind of reset.

Can anyone walk me through it what to press and do to get it back working ?

I'm away with work a lot so the missus is a little nervous without it.

Tks for any help

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you do a walk test on all devices it should clear all the tampers.
    If you keep pressing OK it will announce all the problems one by one.
    Ignore the memory prompt. That will disappear once you go through an Arm/Dias arm cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭charleville

Do you mind me asking what I need to do for a walk test ?
    I've pressed the arrow key and selected 'walk test' the alarm went off briefly and now it's just saying "testing"
    Not sure if it's testing itself somehow or waiting for me to prompt it, if I press ok then it shows me all the areas eg front door and saying 'not ok' hall 'not ok' etc...

It looks like I need to be doing something else ?

Thanks for the reply

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

When it says device not OK its waiting on you to test that device. When you do it will show OK, then move on to the next device etc.

Ok, so when it says testing and I walk past a sensor etc it makes a beeping noise... But it does not say ok afterwards ?

Tks for your reply

Are you walk testing the right device?

• Advertisement

Yes, well it shows every single sensor as not being ok... I assume it's because I changed the batteries.
    I've done all of them.

Very quick reply tk you :)

I may just need to call out a local Technician :(

When you are walk testing you select the first device and test it. You should get a few beeps together. Then press next to go onto next zone and so on.

Ok I'll try that later this evening... Thanks for your help koolkid

I actually just tried it there before I left for work... I done the walk test and now everything is showing ok, however the yellow warning light is still on and when I go to set the alarm it's still saying "disarm not ready to arm, alarm in memory check system for trouble"

Any ideas what to do next ?

• Advertisement

And if if you keep pressing ok does it tell you any other faults?
    The memory prompt will clear after an arm/disarm cycle.

If I keep pressing ok it just does the cycle of all the points I've checked that are saying ok then back to saying testing on the screen...

Take the system back to the standby screen & keep pressing OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

Apologies for bringing up an old thread. My mother in law has one of these alarms. She lives in the middle of nowhere in Leitrim.

Two devices had problems. I replaced batteries on both. One is ok now. There other isn't. It fell off the wall and I think it's damaged.

The alarm won't let me exit TESTING.

Any advice on disabling the bad sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

It went back to the main menu itself. I just need to disable one of the sensors

Advertisement