Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reimage Repair Virus Windows 10

• 20-10-2016 8:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My dad's laptop has this virus on it.

It only seems to be on Google Chrome.

All other browsers work fine. Actually, even Chrome incognito works fine too.

Any ideas on how to remove it?

I've checked Chrome Extensions, used Malwarebytes, tried to uninstall program from the control panel but there is nothing there that shouldn't be from what I can see.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

chops018 wrote: »
    Hi all,

My dad's laptop has this virus on it.

It only seems to be on Google Chrome.

All other browsers work fine. Actually, even Chrome incognito works fine too.

Any ideas on how to remove it?

I've checked Chrome Extensions, used Malwarebytes, tried to uninstall program from the control panel but there is nothing there that shouldn't be from what I can see.

Thanks.

I use adaware, malwarebytes, trend house call and a couple others. Also go into chrome setting and untick the option to open last page when browser is opened. And also reset the settings in advanced settings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Have same on home PC. Deafroadrunner, I followed your instructuctions and re-set home page.

I think the dodgy files are still lurking and I tried to install Malwarebytes

Do you have a link to install free Malwarebytes programme?

is this the one?

https://www.malwarebytes.com/

The previous ones I tried are for 14 day trial only and I dont want to get locked into fee paying software.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Kettleson wrote: »
    Have same on home PC. Deafroadrunner, I followed your instructuctions and re-set home page.

I think the dodgy files are still lurking and I tried to install Malwarebytes

Do you have a link to install free Malwarebytes programme?

is this the one?

https://www.malwarebytes.com/

The previous ones I tried are for 14 day trial only and I dont want to get locked into fee paying software.

Thanks

yep that's the right one. hit the free download and when its finished installed you have to options that are both ticked. one says start free trail. untick that and it will work fine for you.

Advertisement