Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interclub 2017 - Mod Warning #1

Options
  • 20-10-2016 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Anybody know which courses are holding the qualifying competitions in the various GUI comps next year?
    Particularly interested in north county Dublin. But a broader discussion is probably useful.

Mod edit - Let's not turn this into a moaning and spreading rumour thread. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Not up on the GUI website as yet anyways

If you go to this link :: https://www.golfnet.ie/tournaments whenever the provincial councils meet to decide upon it, I'm sure the relevant competitions will be posted in there.

I believe its usually mid november to early december that these decisions are made official. The meeting for Connacht is on the 29th of November for example

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭nebraska132

Yes you are right but I thought guys would know if there own club had agreed to host a qualifier...?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Connacht finals are to be held in Galway Bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

Munster Senior barton and junior finals in tralee
    Munster bruen and Purcell in killarney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

New to the game,  just under 6 months. How do you go about competing for your club, is there comps out there for high handicapers?

tbayers wrote: »
    New to the game,  just under 6 months. How do you go about competing for your club, is there comps out there for high handicapers?

yes there are mainly regional based ones - what area of the country are you in and what handicap have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

South East, 18 but would be nice to have a goal over the coming years.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Moate GC are delighted to have been asked to host a regional Pierce Purcell qualifier in May.

tbayers wrote: »
    South East, 18 but would be nice to have a goal over the coming years.

Off 18 you have a few options there is an all Ireland Leinster Fourball run by the GUI but there will be other comps run by local clubs best to ask your club captain.
    The pierce Purcell is probably the one to aim for. A good 15/16 handicapper is a handy partner.

• Advertisement

FYI the full Leinster GUI qualifying draw is up on golfnet now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Dbu

golfguy1 wrote: »
    Munster Senior barton and junior finals in tralee
    Munster bruen and Purcell in killarney

Played Killarney over the break and their greens are in a shocking condition, some disease after taking hold

Ya Dbu greens are pretty horrendous at the moment with fuserium disease.
    Will be fine again once a bit of growth arrives.
    Hope they didn't charge u much to play

golfguy1 wrote: »
    Ya Dbu greens are pretty horrendous at the moment with fuserium disease.
    Will be fine again once a bit of growth arrives.
    Hope they didn't charge u much to play

No idea on cost as was a gift.

Also the menu afterwards had about 12 items to choose from, but about 9 were not available, so not a great lasting impression
    Wont be hurrying back..scenery was amazing though

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

Dbu wrote: »
    No idea on cost as was a gift.

Also the menu afterwards had about 12 items to choose from, but about 9 were not available, so not a great lasting impression
    Wont be hurrying back..scenery was amazing though

If you let a one off poor impression in the depths of winter, influence your decision as to whether or not you'll play there again, you are doing it wrong and ultimately it's you and you alone that will lose out.
    Just sayin';)

If you let a one off poor impression in the depths of winter, influence your decision as to whether or not you'll play there again, you are doing it wrong and ultimately it's you and you alone that will lose out.
    Just sayin';)

Dont get me wrong, cracking golf course, apart from the greens and the bar/food experience afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mickelson

why is munster pierce Purcell draw not done yet?

mickelson wrote: »
    why is munster pierce Purcell draw not done yet?

Draw is done it's on golfnet.ie under munster gui

Follow the links for your respective provinces - links to the draws are in the articles

Leinster Draw

Ulster Draw

Connacht Draw

Munster Draw

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Moate lost to Mullingar yesterday in the All Ireland Fourball.

Next weekend we play Mount Temple in the Barton Cup and Longford in the Mixed Foursomes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Moate lost to Mullingar yesterday in the All Ireland Fourball.

Respect.
    It looks like you probably have an honest club with a handicapping committee that works well. The chancers clubs are revealed the further that competition goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Respect.
    It looks like you probably have an honest club with a handicapping committee that works well. The chancers clubs are revealed the further that competition goes.

I take offence to that

Respect.
    Seve OB wrote: »
    I take offence to that

All Ireland winners 2016 Slievenamon :rolleyes:

Exactly wrote: »

Runners up.... Greystones :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

I think Seve was being tongue in cheek. With their focus onbandits now, I dont think even the GUI,ILGU, would stand over the integrity of their interclub comps.

I think Seve was being tongue in cheek. With their focus onbandits now, I dont think even the GUI,ILGU, would stand over the integrity of their interclub comps.

well I wasn't actually. Our club did very well to get to the final and you can't go any further, so you implied Greystones is a chancers club with dodgy handicaps.

I'm well aware of the rumours of the other club, but I wouldn't comment on them, but I can tell you, our club is as honest as the day is long.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

well I wasn't actually. Our club did very well to get to the final and you can't go any further, so you implied Greystones is a chancers club with dodgy handicaps.

I'm well aware of the rumours of the other club, but I wouldn't comment on them, but I can tell you, our club is as honest as the day is long.

Well said Seve !
    It's getting a bit tiresome here with the usual few posters who seem to want to tar every one who plays Interclub with the one brush. Success doesn't come easy as I well know. Umpteen practice rounds before and during competitions and a panel of players fully committed is mostly what takes place. I too cannot and will not comment on clubs that have been mentioned here but just because a club is successful doesn't mean it's down to players minding their handicaps.
    Go out and play these competitions and you'll see it's not what you're led to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Blessington Lakes beaten 5 1 in the garden County Final by Blainroe in Wicklow GC, it was alwys going to be a tough one for us as i would imagine that the Bainroe lads would be a lot more familiar with Wicklow than ourselves. Great workout with 3 really good practice matches now under our belts before facing City West GC next Saturday's Barton Cup. Some of our new signings straight into the side performing well so we have hope. On the issue of players minding their handicaps to say it does not go on is chemical Ali stuff it does with some clubs/players better at it than others. We lost 2 of our provincial towns panelists this year because they went to 8 .4 one of them for 3 days after a great score in a midweeker but hey it lets 2 more people this year. Thats what its all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I know it's always asked but can't find the previous link but can someone post a link to the hcap criteria for the different interclub teams?

• Advertisement

Its okay seve. His comment just means that all the bandit clubs were on the other side of the draw :)

Advertisement