Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interclub 2017 - Mod Warning #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Pierce Purcell qualifiers were held in Moate today. Course is in great condition and weather was pretty good up to about 4pm when it turned fairly nasty for a while. Tomorrows semi final line up is -

Esker Hills v Castle Barna
    New Forest v Moate

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Pierce Purcell qualifiers were held in Moate today. Course is in great condition and weather was pretty good up to about 4pm when it turned fairly nasty for a while. Tomorrows semi final line up is -

New Forest v Moate

What were the scores? Some great shooting in Roundwood. Wicklow and Charlesland with 354. Druids had 360. Not sure what else was in. We had 92 ourselves, not bad but the team fell short with total of 376 :(

On the plus side....... I'll never have to play Roundwood again;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Seve OB wrote:
    On the plus side....... I'll never have to play Roundwood again

Long time since I played Roundwood (haven't been there since they finished the clubhouse.) Tough hike but great setting. How is it doing these days? Must pay a visit over the summer.

First Up wrote: »
    Long time since I played Roundwood (haven't been there since they finished the clubhouse.) Tough hike but great setting. How is it doing these days? Must pay a visit over the summer.

Mehhhhh! Great setting alright, Fab. Not a bad course layout.... Tough to get to grips with. Greens are the weirdest greens ever. Nearly like a bed of moss. Slow, some real slow, some hard and fast. Wouldn't fancy it week to week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

If anyone fancies watching an absolute intense game of interclub golf tomorrow, then Woodstock golf club in ennis is the place to be.

Spanish point v Woodstock will be very very interesting. A number of the recent winning members of the Spanish point players had a falling out with other members of the team and left to join Woodstock. When they left the club cut them all a shot on general play!!!!!! Not exactly a nice break up although I do believe the decision to cut them was appealed to the GUI and they won the case.

Won't be too many handshakes on the first tee tomorrow I'd imagine :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Seve OB wrote:
    Mehhhhh! Great setting alright, Fab. Not a bad course layout.... Tough to get to grips with. Greens are the weirdest greens ever. Nearly like a bed of moss. Slow, some real slow, some hard and fast. Wouldn't fancy it week to week.

Yeah, I remember the grass seemed to be some indigenous Wicklow strain. I wouldn't fancy it every week either but I would be happy to give it a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Goldenjohn

If anyone fancies watching an absolute intense game of interclub golf tomorrow, then Woodstock golf club in ennis is the place to be.

Spanish point v Woodstock will be very very interesting. A number of the recent winning members of the Spanish point players had a falling out with other members of the team and left to join Woodstock. When they left the club cut them all a shot on general play!!!!!! Not exactly a nice break up although I do believe the decision to cut them was appealed to the GUI and they won the case.

Won't be too many handshakes on the first tee tomorrow I'd imagine :)

the club or the appellants?
    Why anyone would not want a cut is something I'll never understand. Maybe I'm just vain....

Goldenjohn wrote: »
    the club or the appellants?
    Why anyone would not want a cut is something I'll never understand. Maybe I'm just vain....

I want to get cut.

But I also want to earn it.

Seve OB wrote: »
    I want to get cut.

General play would suggest one has played well. They don't cut in gen play just for the sake of it

New Forest v Moate

Qualifying: 342 Esker Hills; 345 New Forest; 356 Moate; 357 Castlle Barna;

• Advertisement

Qualifying: 342 Esker Hills; 345 New Forest; 356 Moate; 357 Castlle Barna;

Serious scores there

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I want to get cut.

I'm pretty sure the Spanish Point pierce Purcell team have earned their cuts ;)

Pierce Purcell qualifier - New Forest beat Moate in the semifinals and then went on to beat Esker Hills in the afternoon final.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

pierce purcell connacht galway bay beat tuam 3/2 and in all ireland national 4ball galway beat galway bay but we're disqualified due to handicap error.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭jtown

Venue: Tralee

Area Final
    Start Date:24/05/2017 End Date:24/05/2017
    Wed 24 May 4pm
    Killarney -v- Newcastle West

Delighted to win the weekend - tough battle against Newcastle West next!

What were the scores? Some great shooting in Roundwood. Wicklow and Charlesland with 354. Druids had 360. Not sure what else was in. We had 92 ourselves, not bad but the team fell short with total of 376 :(

On the plus side....... I'll never have to play Roundwood again;)

Druids were DQ for some reason. Wicklow beat Powerscourt in final

It's amazing how well organised clubs can make simple administrative / management mistakes which really cost their teams. One club at the Pierce Purcell qualifiers in Moate on Saturday (which will remain nameless) had to play with 4 pairs instead of 5 as they discovered one player named was not of the correct handicap and they had no time to call anyone else in. Luckily it was discovered before the teamsheet went in to the Leinster GUI officials or they would have been DQ anyway.

a team in Roundwood had to field their manager (off 20) as they had a no show because the guy apparently wasn't told he was picked and their subs refused to turn up because they were only subs!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

And should be very basic to check. Its the second codition on the list
    • No player shall be eligible to compete whose playing handicap was less than 12 during the previous calendar year. The combined handicap of each pair, based on their lowest playing handicaps in the preceding calendar, shall not be less than 27

https://www.golfnet.ie/sites/ContentControl/Event%20Documents/GUI/Leinster/Pierce%20Purcell%20Shield/AIG%20Pierce%20Purcell%20Draw%202017.pdf

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    And should be very basic to check. Its the second codition on the list
    • No player shall be eligible to compete whose playing handicap was less than 12 during the previous calendar year. The combined handicap of each pair, based on their lowest playing handicaps in the preceding calendar, shall not be less than 27

https://www.golfnet.ie/sites/ContentControl/Event%20Documents/GUI/Leinster/Pierce%20Purcell%20Shield/AIG%20Pierce%20Purcell%20Draw%202017.pdf

shoulda, woulda, coulda

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

shoulda, woulda, coulda

Huh?

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    Huh?

they should of checked these but didn't. it baffles me that this issue arises year after year. had they then they wouldn't be in the position of being dq'd and disappoint the other members of team.

the spanish point team yesterday were a joy to watch. the poor lad who lost on the last was in tears. and then received horrible texts from ex spanish point member after the match. what a bully.

It's alright. We knocked them out after :):)
    And it felt so ****ing sweet :D

The game between spanish point and Woodstock turned out as expected.

Horrible atmosphere but great for a neutral like me. Was actually pathetic behaviour from so called adults. Not in anyway played in the spirit of the game.

Anyway, onto the north munster now. Only the small matter of nenagh next!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Horrible atmosphere but great for a neutral like me. Was actually pathetic behaviour from so called adults. Not in anyway played in the spirit of the game.

Anyway, onto the north munster now. Only the small matter of nenagh next!!!!!!!!

What happened ?

Best of luck versus Nenagh unreal golfers down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Hope you're not playing Nenagh on a links course!😜

What was the standard of golf like? Presume everyone was level par or so?

jtown wrote: »
    Venue: Tralee

Area Final
    Start Date:24/05/2017 End Date:24/05/2017
    Wed 24 May 4pm
    Killarney -v- Newcastle West

Delighted to win the weekend - tough battle against Newcastle West next!

Big match has finally arrived! #letdothis

Nenagh beat ourselves in the north munster section of the jimmy Bruen. Pretty easy in the end but unfortunetly our lads couldn't repeat their good golf from the Clare section.

Nenagh had 2 very strong pairings who I believe are unbeaten in all matches they have played.

Anyway, was good experience for four or five new members so hopefully that keeps them play interclub golf in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

they should of checked these but didn't. it baffles me that this issue arises year after year. had they then they wouldn't be in the position of being dq'd and disappoint the other members of team.

I was picked to play Jimmy Bruen for this year. A simple check would have revealed I was off 5 last year and therefore ineligible. But the team captain just looked at the current handicap list and based it off that.

And that happens every year on almost every team in the club.

• Advertisement

jtown wrote: »
    Big match has finally arrived! #letdothis

Tough battle indeed -

Newcastle West 3 - Killarney 2

Gutted we couldn't get to Munster Semi Final at Killarney

Advertisement