Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interclub 2017 - Mod Warning #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Rikand wrote: »
    I was picked to play Jimmy Bruen for this year. A simple check would have revealed I was off 5 last year and therefore ineligible. But the team captain just looked at the current handicap list and based it off that.

And that happens every year on almost every team in the club.

whats the limits?

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

Rikand wrote: »
    I was picked to play Jimmy Bruen for this year. A simple check would have revealed I was off 5 last year and therefore ineligible. But the team captain just looked at the current handicap list and based it off that.

And that happens every year on almost every team in the club.

Pretty sure you can get a print out from the system giving everyones H/C lowest from the previous year. I think you possibly have to produce this at gui events too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Seve OB wrote: »
    whats the limits?

Minimum 6

Combined minimum 17

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Ronney wrote: »
    Pretty sure you can get a print out from the system giving everyones H/C lowest from the previous year. I think you possibly have to produce this at gui events too

This is standard procedure at any GUI event, so no excuses from any manager who hasn't done his homework.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

Clonmel beat Ballykisteen 4-1 in Round 4 of the Jimmy Bruen but apparently one of Clonmel's players played off the wrong handicap so now Ballykisteen progress instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭jtown

ballyk wrote: »
    Clonmel beat Ballykisteen 4-1 in Round 4 of the Jimmy Bruen but apparently one of Clonmel's players played off the wrong handicap so now Ballykisteen progress instead.

Looking like Clonmel are playing this evening!

Area Final
    Start Date:25/05/2017 End Date:25/05/2017
    Thurs 25 May 4.00pm
    Clonmel -v- West Waterford
    Referee: Kevin Murray

jtown wrote: »
    Looking like Clonmel are playing this evening!

Area Final
    Start Date:25/05/2017 End Date:25/05/2017
    Thurs 25 May 4.00pm
    Clonmel -v- West Waterford
    Referee: Kevin Murray

I was talking to one of the Ballykisteen selectors and he confirmed that Clonmel disqualified themselves. Ballykisteen have to play Tipp to decide who progresses to the area final.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

I was talking to one of the Ballykisteen selectors and he confirmed that Clonmel disqualified themselves. Ballykisteen have to play Tipp to decide who progresses to the area final.

Just came on to ask what happened as I just looked up to see the results of the other area finals.

That's some disaster. Not sure how munster branch didn't spot it either on the first day as I'm pretty sure they review all the handicaps before the matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

Talking to a clonmel guy that played said they won their third point on the 18th with a birdie to win 1 up but Ballykisteen were Dormie 3 in the other two games so it was very tight. Turns out Clonmel had a player playing of wrong handicap..Tipp and Ballykisteen must paly now

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Moate lost to Tullamore 4-3 in the Michael Moore Cup on Saturday. Disappointing as we thought we had a strong team for this but you just cannot lose 2 out of 4 at home and expect to progress.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Laytown/Bettystown bt Royal Tara 3.5 to 1.5 in the Newsam Cup (foursomes for players in the 17+ category) on Saturday.

My first experience of inter-club matchplay in Ireland and myself and my partner won our match (playing at home) 6 & 4. After going behind on 2, we levelled matters on the third, then it was halves until 7 when we put one of our shots to good use to claim the hole. Myself and my partner thought bogeys would get us halves, and pars would get us wins, but it turned out out we needed pars all the way to get halves!

8,9, and 10 were a bit nightmarish for the opposition - wayward tee shots leading to tricky second shots which allowed us to get our noses in front, then pull away a bit more when we used another shot on the index 1 to grab a win. A half and another win saw us home.

A nice afternoon/evening of good matchplay golf. The Royal Tara lads were very good company, and certainly in our group the score flattered us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Had my first experience of inter club golf this weekend in the Pierce Purcell. My match was lost 2up on the 18th to Ashbourne. Overall Corrstown managed to sneak a win to get to the afternoon against Rathcore. Rathcore won that when the deciding match went to the 20th hole.

Great experience altogether, looking forward to trying it again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Sutton comprehensively beat St Margarets in McDonnell Cup on Sunday.
    I played away for St Margarets. Really enjoyed the sportsmanship and hospitality shown by Sutton.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Query folks,our club Blessington Lakes GC received no practice vouchers this year for the Bruen, the Purcell or Junior cup. We played in the Purcell qual in Athy GC where we were told that no one got vouchers this year. I have e mailed the GUI and am waiting for a reply whats everyone else s experience of Vouchers this year?? last year we received practice vouchers for those 3 comps in March..... Oh and we got beat in the 1st round of everything so far this year except the Barton, we are havin a mare of year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Query folks,our club Blessington Lakes GC received no practice vouchers this year for the Bruen, the Purcell or Junior cup. We played in the Purcell qual in Athy GC where we were told that no one got vouchers this year. I have e mailed the GUI and am waiting for a reply whats everyone else s experience of Vouchers this year?? last year we received practice vouchers for those 3 comps in March..... Oh and we got beat in the 1st round of everything so far this year except the Barton, we are havin a mare of year.

Seems strange, my club has had practice rounds for all (I think) practice rounds for inter-club comps so far.

Have to play a practice round next week in Delgany for the Jimmy Bruen and there has been vouchers left for us for the past month. Perhaps your Captain should be contacting the GUI for information.

HighLine wrote: »
    Seems strange, my club has had practice rounds for all (I think) practice rounds for inter-club comps so far.

Have to play a practice round next week in Delgany for the Jimmy Bruen and there has been vouchers left for us for the past month. Perhaps your Captain should be contacting the GUI for information.
    Cheers, High Line yea we have been onto the leinster branch, no word back yet.

It's usual that vouchers are sent out but if we didn't get any we'd just ring the host club say which team we were on and book a practice slot. I don't believe we've ever had a problem with this.

Ballykisteen beat Tipperary 3.5 to 1.5 in the Jimmy Bruen playoff last night and now progress to meet West Waterford in the next round.

It's usual that vouchers are sent out but if we didn't get any we'd just ring the host club say which team we were on and book a practice slot. I don't believe we've ever had a problem with this.
    Cheers WL, GUI came back saying there are vouchers and will send out some more, Edmonstown also very kind in saying just ring and arrange practice so alls well that ends well.:D

Moate qualified in 4th spot at the Esker Hills based qualifier of the Jimmy Bruen on Saturday. It's a tough course and some clubs had very high scores so our lads were quite pleased to get through. Unfortunately we got beaten in the semi final matchplay phase by a very strong Cill Dara side on Sunday morning and they then in turn went on to lose to the home club in the afternoon final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Connacht Barton Shield qualifying yesterday in Portumna. Leading qualifiers for the connacht finals are :: Galway (152), Athlone(154), Co. Sligo(156) and Galway Bay(158).

I'm the team manager for Athlone and I'm absolutely delighted with the lads performance. Both pairs played great golf! We'll be up against Co. Sligo now in the Connacht Semi-Finals in August in Galway Bay golf club. Really looking forward to it :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I got a spot on our shield team, first time ever to play for a club.

First practice is Thursday, fingers crossed it goes well.

Exactly wrote: »
    All Ireland winners 2016 Slievenamon :rolleyes:
    Runners up.... Greystones :mad:

I had a very interesting game last Saturday with a lad off the Greystones team. Told me a few unbelievable tales from the final last year. I won't go into it any further asit's not the place, but suffice it to say, it was an edgy affair!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

I had a very interesting game last Saturday with a lad off the Greystones team. Told me a few unbelievable tales from the final last year. I won't go into it any further asit's not the place, but suffice it to say, it was an edgy affair!

Ah here....

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭jtown

Cant leave it like that!

Ah here....
    jtown wrote: »
    Cant leave it like that!

if mod's ok it, i'll elaborate a bit more

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

As long as you don't mention names it should be okay...... :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I'd rather you didn't but I'll have a chat with Keano.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I'd rather you didn't but I'll have a chat with Keano.

that's what i though, so we can just park it there.

• Advertisement

Moate beat Knockanally in the Duggan Cup on Saturday to reach the quarter finals as far as I know. I think it's the only team event we are left in at this stage.

Advertisement