Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interclub 2017 - Mod Warning #1

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Barton Shield
    Rosses Point vs Athlone:

M1 2up after 10
    M2 3up after 8

M1 3up after 12
    M2 2up after 10

Long way to go yet but Rikand must be a tad concerned...

Barton Shield
    Rosses Point vs Athlone:
    M1 4up after 13 (Athlone reload off 14)
    M2 4up after 12

Barton Shield
    Rosses Point vs Athlone:

All over as far as I can calculate but play continues. Hard luck to Rikand and Athlone. At least you have Senior Cup to look forward to tomorrow. Weather sounds poor to rotten down there...

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Galway to play rosses in final

• Advertisement

Galway to play rosses in final

M1 Rosses make birdie, A/S after 2

Rosses point score first:
    M1 A/S after 4
    M2 1dn after 2

M1 1up after 5
    M2 2dn after 4

M1 level after 6 (Galway win with 7!). Unfortunately I'm off now so no more updates, for those interested there are some updates on golfnet.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Was ridiculous weather down there

Rain lashed from start to finish and that wind.... I was soaked to my skin and then some.

Tee to green it was a very even contest between us, but it was on the greens that Sligo beat us. They holed a lot of crucial putts all at the right times and every 10 foot putt and in they needed for a half, they got.not to mention the two monstrous birdie putts that Ruairi Oconnor holed...

At least in other good news, the Athlone junior team came 2nd in the Kenny cup!

Looking forward to the senior cup tomorrow. Hopefully the rain stays away, my poor old body can't take another soaking!!!!

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »
    Was ridiculous weather down there

Rain lashed from start to finish and that wind.... I was soaked to my skin and then some.

Tee to green it was a very even contest between us, but it was on the greens that Sligo beat us. They holed a lot of crucial putts all at the right times and every 10 foot putt and in they needed for a half, they got.not to mention the two monstrous birdie putts that Ruairi Oconnor holed...

At least in other good news, the Athlone junior team came 2nd in the Kenny cup!

Looking forward to the senior cup tomorrow. Hopefully the rain stays away, my poor old body can't take another soaking!!!!

Might see you around tomorrow, will be watching our jc lads vs loughrra. Barton shield 2nd match were demolished by Galway, our 1st match were 1dn at the end. They were well disappointed but on the bright side, we got their supply of Jaffa cakes!!

Galway beat Athlone this morning in senior cup 3.5 to 1.5

Galway bay looking good to beat oughterard on the other side

ChippingSodbury won't be happy. Sligo behind against Athenry after 9 holes.

Rikand wrote: »
    Galway beat Athlone this morning in senior cup 3.5 to 1.5

Galway bay looking good to beat oughterard on the other side

ChippingSodbury won't be happy. Sligo behind against Athenry after 9 holes.

ChippingSodbury not happy, just lost 3 matches to 2, last match on 18 to Loughrea.

ChippingSodbury not happy, just lost 3 matches to 2, last match on 18 to Loughrea.

We saw ye teeing off on 12 while we were having our dinner so I knew I wouldnt get to see ye. hard luck yourselves.

into the final of both the junior and senior cup this morning. Unfortunately I can't be there but hopefully we can win at least one. Loughrea in the Junior cup and our biggest rivals Galway in the senior cup. After the heartbreak on losing the Barton shield so narrowly to Galway hopefully there will be some joy on our side of the bay.

Galway beat galway bay 3&2 in senior and loughrea beat galway bay in junior 3&2.

I really thought Galway Bay was going to come out of one of them and into the All ireland.

My condolences to all of you down there and big thank you to everyone in Galway Bay for their hospitality. We were treated fabulously and when we signed off for our weekend tab we were very very surprised by how reasonable it was! We thought we went to town on it a bit, but the price was super.

Just to echo what Rikand has said, the hospitality and friendliness shown at Galway Bay was excellent. The course is great too!

Well done to our conquerors Loughrea on beating the hosts in the JC.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

Ballykisteen won its first ever All Ireland title this weekend by beating Ballina and then Royal Curragh in the semi-final/final of the Cashman Cup. Tough weekend for Mayo but congrats to the team and managers from Ballykisteen!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sloggert

A big shock in senior cup semi with Carton house getting turned over by Limerick!
    Limerick were 14/1 yesterday to win it out.
    We lost out to Ballybunion in semi's of Junior Cup on wednsday & they went on to beat a fancied Grange team in final.
    Course was in good shape but it lashed rain all day on wednsday. What particularly left a sour taste was the price of a burger at the halfway hut beside 9th green....€12,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

Sloggert wrote: »
    A big shock in senior cup semi with Carton house getting turned over by Limerick!
    Limerick were 14/1 yesterday to win it out.
    We lost out to Ballybunion in semi's of Junior Cup on wednsday & they went on to beat a fancied Grange team in final.
    Course was in good shape but it lashed rain all day on wednsday. What particularly left a sour taste was the price of a burger at the halfway hut beside 9th green....€12,

That's a crazy price for a burger on an Irish course, I hope people knew the price before they ordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sloggert

I saw one chap ordering three of them, he nearly died! €36!!
    And stand under a tree in torrential rain to eat it
    In fairness to the lad who was serving them, he was very embarrassed by it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Macker1

Can I order a Celtic Tiger Burger and a coke please. :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Must have been "gourmet" burgers. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭decko11

The price of the burger went down to €10 on Saturday - still a total disgrace.

Bizarre as even in the club house a full burger with chips etc is 12 euro

anyway - Galway great winners in senior cup having lost in final of Barton.

Newspapers agreed not to run with the McGimpsey ruling incident in semi final v Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Goldenjohn

decko11 wrote: »
    The price of the burger went down to €10 on Saturday - still a total disgrace.

Bizarre as even in the club house a full burger with chips etc is 12 euro

anyway - Galway great winners in senior cup having lost in final of Barton.

Newspapers agreed not to run with the McGimpsey ruling incident in semi final v Galway

What was the ruling incident?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭decko11

Goldenjohn wrote: »
    What was the ruling incident?

The young lad playing against him called a ref after GmcG seemed to move loose impediments (pine needles ) with his putter on the green

ruling was loss of hole

I didn't see it but saw GmG after he lost on the 16th come over to his opponent and the gallery and say " the ruling was wrong -they called the R&A as I brushed sideways not towards the hole"

having looked at rules - I think its only loss of hole if he pressed down on the green so I am not sure the ruling was correct - but either way (a) it was the refs decision and GmG is around long enough to know the rules and (b) it wouldn't have affected the result - Liam Nolan is one to watch for the future

Advertisement