Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 1 | The Day Will Come [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Man, I dunno how you lot are still watching this trash. Thought I'd give the season premier a try in the hopes that there might be *something* to look forward to for number 7 - no such luck.

The first few seasons pulled off the whole 'violence with character development artfully conveyed' type thing quite well but the well is dry at this stage. 45 minutes of hollow nastiness and Rick rolling his eyes around in his head like a dog with motion sickness, can this really be the number 1 show in the states? Also, baseball bat guy isn't in the least intimidating, he's basically a hipster that talks too much. I was half hoping he'd give them all a good beating and then turn the bat on himself so this lame duck of a series can be terminated

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

The zombie that was on the bridge has some neck on him or I should say had

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I've watched TWD from the start but I switched off halfway through last night and its the final straw for me.

I thought it was shallow, cheap and cynical.

The Walking Dead used to be so good at eliciting an emotional reaction through actual storytelling, they've done a good job of killing off major characters in the past.

The scene with Glen getting pulped didn't feel like TWD to me. They played with the audience for a cheap reaction. Yes it was shocking but it also felt really hollow. Its a shame that the creators feel they need resort to shallow gimmicks to hold onto the audience.

Have to agree with this post. The episode, as shocking as the killings were, was poorly constructed and played out. Someone made a point of Rick shooting his mouth off at Negan, I get he's very emotional given whats played out but he's dealing with a lunatic and his son is at serious risk of being beaten to death by making a remark like that. It just doesn't make sense or add up for me.

I've said it before a while back that the writing has gotten lazier as te seasons go on. Its seems to me like the writers are in their comfort zone due the show being a massive success with an almost guaranteed audience.

The whole Glenn death scene was an insult to the character, someone who's been around since episode 1. The dramatic effect was gone once Abraham got his head smashed in. Glenn was like an after thought.

Time to bow out of this show, it was good for the first couple of seasons but there are far superior shows out there (Westworld) vying for my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭noel50

great show That was tough to watch but thats the world they live in cant wait for negan and co get the bat from rick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

The episode was alright. We knew someone was going to die.

I find though as the show goes on, I am finding it harder to relate or care as much about the characters especially newer ones. They don't seem to be introducing any particularly interesting or stand out people to me on the "good side" and don't provide enough character depth. I know Gabriel wasn't part of this episode but I said before in another thread, I hope that he becomes a serious bad ass and starts quoting stuff from the bible when he kills people.

Looking forward to seeing more of Negan and it would be interesting to see some of our well known characters split and betray Ricks group in favour of Negan. Maybe Rosita or someone like that. I hope that Negan is not killed off and if they escape him, I hope, he is a recurring character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

That was the best episode of The Walking Dead, ever.

I love Negan in the comic, but on the TV show Jeffrey Dean Morgan has made the character even more of a bad ass and a right evil bast@*d. A brilliant performance. What a start to the season!

Gave this episode a 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Maybe I'm being a bit dense here, but why was there a second axe on the RV roof?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Den_M wrote: »
    Man, I dunno how you lot are still watching this trash. Thought I'd give the season premier a try in the hopes that there might be *something* to look forward to for number 7 - no such luck.

The first few seasons pulled off the whole 'violence with character development artfully conveyed' type thing quite well but the well is dry at this stage. 45 minutes of hollow nastiness and Rick rolling his eyes around in his head like a dog with motion sickness, can this really be the number 1 show in the states? Also, baseball bat guy isn't in the least intimidating, he's basically a hipster that talks too much. I was half hoping he'd give them all a good beating and then turn the bat on himself so this lame duck of a series can be terminated

You were surprised you didn't get much connection with a show you have presumably already given up on that you just popped in to watch a single episode of?

Ok.........

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Maybe I'm being a bit dense here, but why was there a second axe on the RV roof?!

This is the major plot hole in the episode I can't make peace with :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

There wasn't, Negan threw it up there. Again, he didn't want to kill Rick, he just wanted to break him, hence he helps him twice by killing walkers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,376 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

maximoose wrote: »
    Mellor wrote: »

The victims in the last few episodes were as per the comics I believe.
    Any comic readers able to confirm?
    Negan only kills Glenn

Abraham gets an arrow through the back of the head from Dwight (Denise got this death, she survived a little longer in the comics)
    Which is what I said in my post?
    They swapped Abraham with the doc to set up the misdirection at the finale. But both of them where killed recently by the saviours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    There wasn't, Negan threw it up there. Again, he didn't want to kill Rick, he just wanted to break him, hence he helps him twice by killing walkers.

OK, maybe I'm confirming my denseness, but didn't Rick jump off the RV (onto the hanging zombie) - leaving the axe behind on the roof - and pick up the axe Negan threw from the ground?

Maybe I need a rewatch. :confused::o

Maybe I need a rewatch but I was pretty sure Negan just threw it out the door into the fog

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Wow, do you really have nothing better to do that watch TV shows you don't like and then post about how you don't like them online? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,376 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Maybe I need a rewatch but I was pretty sure Negan just threw it out the door into the fog

Negan threw it up onto the roof.

Rick jumped of the roof with it but dropped it to grab the hanging walker.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

molloyjh wrote: »
    Wow, do you really have nothing better to do that watch TV shows you don't like and then post about how you don't like them online? Really?

Yeah aint I such a party pooper?
    Shame on me for spoiling your love-in, don't worry just stick your fingers in yer ears and pretend I didn't say that. Keep pretending to be entertained.

As far as I can tell it's a public sub forum for all things TWD so my post qualified, TWD is all over the news this morning and I'm entitled to give my 2c worth. Really.

Shame on me for spoiling your love-in, don't worry just stick your fingers in yer ears and pretend I didn't say that. Keep pretending to be entertained.

As far as I can tell it's a public sub forum for all things TWD so my post qualified, TWD is all over the news this morning and I'm entitled to give my 2c worth. Really.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Mellor wrote: »
    Which is what I said in my post?

I know, I was confirming!

Okon wrote:
    I love Negan in the comic ............

This is kind of comic talk that should be spoilered.

You can see it here, throws it on the roof

When Abraham died, I fired a text to my friend saying, "Walking Dead wimped out, Glenn still lives".

Followed by a text a few minutes later saying, "Well, I spoke too soon".

Crikey. Very crikey. Definitely pushed my limits about what I could endure seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Also, baseball bat guy isn't in the least intimidating, he's basically a hipster that talks too much.

He's like a character you'd see in Road House, a talking cliche.

• Advertisement

This isn't North Korea and he makes some valid points about the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

maximoose wrote: »
    You can see it here, throws it on the roof

I didn't really get that either. Not only did it look like he just threw it out into the fog, but I didn't hear it landing on the roof either - then again, I wouldn't have been expecting to hear it land there so I may have missed that. I was full sure Rick must have grabbed it as he was fighting off the walkers before climbing up there. But we didn't see him pick it up, or holding it as he climbed up the RV. It just didn't seem very clearly executed (no pun intended) but yeah, it would seem Negan threw it up there I guess....

I never claimed you weren't. Nice attempt at a strawman though.

You obviously didn't like the show before tuning in though. So my point remains every bit as valid.

Also, are you suggesting that I don't like TWD? I mean if I really am pretending to be entertained that would suggest that I am not actually entertained. Very odd comment to make.....

This isn't North Korea and he makes some valid points about the show.

What does NK have to do with me wondering why he watched something he didn't like?

What does NK have to do with me wondering why he watched something he didn't like?

Calm down. He was disappointed in last nights episode and clearly likes the show as do I. That's allowed isn't it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    I didn't really get that either. Not only did it look like he just threw it out into the fog, but I didn't hear it landing on the roof either - then again, I wouldn't have been expecting to hear it land there so I may have missed that. I was full sure Rick must have grabbed it as he was fighting off the walkers before climbing up there. But we didn't see him pick it up, or holding it as he climbed up the RV. It just didn't seem very clearly executed (no pun intended) but yeah, it would seem Negan threw it up there I guess....

Bugged me too, I really thought Negan threw it into the crowd non nonchalantly but the only explanation I can think of is he threw it up and over, no other explanation makes sense. Although it is TWD. No surprise if Glenn returns in 3 weeks :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Calm down. He was disappointed in last nights episode and clearly likes the show as do I. That's allowed isn't it?

Not to use this particular poster as an example, but a general comment.

Its well known that its annoying for fans when posters come to episode thread JUST to complain and criticise every detail of an episode. It could be considered posting just to provoke a reaction.

Outside of that though - one wonders why someone would continue to watch something that they just dont like!

Theres actually a name for it - it escapes me now - but just coming to a thread to hate post (for want of the right expression) is a known phenomenon.

I'm perfectly calm, not sure why you would think otherwise.....

He doesn't clearly like the show either btw. In his first sentence he asks how we're all still watching this "trash". He seems to have liked it a few years back but gone off it. Even talking about switching on the season opener in the hopes it might actually be good shows he didn't have much of an expectation level for it. Using terms like "you lot" as well shows he wouldn't class himself a fan.

Not to use this particular poster as an example, but a general comment.

Its well known that its annoying for fans when posters come to episode thread JUST to complain and criticise every detail of an episode. It could be considered posting just to provoke a reaction.

Outside of that though - one wonders why someone would continue to watch something that they just dont like!

Theres actually a name for it - it escapes me now - but just coming to a thread to hate post (for want of the right expression) is a known phenomenon.

Ok fair enough but given that Sundays episode has split the audience more than any other its to be expected.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Ok fair enough but given that Sundays episode has split the audience more than any other its to be expected.

Ah yeah and Ive no issue with someone giving valid criticism, but to just come on and give negative feedback, refer to the entire episode as trash and not have a single good thing to say at all - well - its a bit tedious.

Advertisement