Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 1 | The Day Will Come [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

In a car, getting blown up, by his "buddy" ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^?

Heartwrenching in The Shield!

For me then his own end, I sobbed!! One of the best Tv shows ever! Was shook after it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

In relation to the violence, I can take the walker gore cause it's 'not real', the human on human stuff gets me as it can be fairly viscous. It's not often you full on see people getting bashed in with a bat and see the mush. I find that hard watch, yet hang off a walker till his body falls off makes me chuckle a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

skipper_G wrote: »
    Love the idea of an evangelical badass Gabriel! It's top of my wish list for the show :D
    On your second point I was actually thinking that if somehow Negan turned Daryl to his side we could end up with a showdown between evil Daryl and Rick (with many episodes in between & lots of character growth)

Ye that would be good! Although it might be hard to do. Daryl was loyal to the group in some ways even against his own brother, Merle so he'd be unlikely to betray them and he was close to Abe and Glen, unless he fell in love or something like that with someone on Negans side.

It could be like Shane and Rick again :) Shane was such a good character, pity they killed him off but it was worth it for the story at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

jonski wrote: »
    Totally agree and I'm surprised to read it .

I've had a change of heart from my first reply ( not that ye were all waiting to convert me or anything )

My problem was never with the violence ( I'm just after finishing Banshee and loved it ), now that I'm reading more of this thread I am inclined to change my mind from my first opinion . I thought Negan was way over the top and Morgan waaay over acted but from reading here I'm now getting the impression that thats they way Negan is supposed to be . I'm sure I can get over it if the story lines stay strong .

I've seen a few people comment on that and I can kind of see why people are thinking that way but there is also the small point that in the history of TWD Negan has barely been in it. He had maybe 15 minutes at the end of a series finale and one more episode since then. So I would cut JDM some slack and judge him after he has at least had a full season under his belt.

I'll reserve judgment on him but in the short time he has been on I think he has done very well. It can't be an easy task to come into the middle of a massive show like TWD and convince everyone that you were born to play this role. He's not going to be bashing people's heads in every episode, there will be other aspects to his character we have yet to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

I quite liked negans performance, thought he portrayed a good sense of the menace/evil behind the showmanship on occasion, quite apart from when he was beating people to death that is...

The almost cutting off Carl's arm scene was horrific, but brilliantly done and implications that might have for future and his relationship with rick r interesting. Can't wait for rest of season now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

Tho if it had been Abraham with a son whose arm might get cut off ohw biblical would that have been... !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That was probably the most gut wrenching and distressing piece of television I've ever watched.

Myself and my mam watching it together. Stomachs both in knots throughout.

Andrew Lincoln's eyes told the story more than the vicious attacks on Abraham and Glenn. The latter brought a loud "OH FÚCK NO" from myself.
    I know he had been skating on thin ice in season 6 on two separate occasions but that was out of left field completely.

It was just such an unrelenting episode. Still reeling from it even thinking of it. The arm scene especially.... jesus. Just insane viewing from start to finish.

I've seen people shítting on it because it's not like the comics. I'm not a reader of the comics but for the medium this show is presented, I thought that was as near a flawless an episode we're likely to get this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Just rewatching and can confirm that Negan throws the axe onto the roof. Rick picks it up as he runs on the top of the RV, and drops it when he's hanging from the hanging walker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I can't get over all the people saying oh no they went too far I'm out !!!

So basically shooting two kids at point blank range is okay ? , Cannibalism is okay ? attempted rape of a child is okay ? , Stabbing people in the head while they sleep is okay ?

But beating someone to death with a bat is where you draw the line....wow

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

The bat scenes were incredibly tough watching, but I felt the brutality of it was earned, and necessary to show.

But does anyone else think they overdid it then on the zombie gore? The head tearing off was predictable, but still within the grossness norms of the show, but there was a walker that Rick pushed away (when trying to get back into the RV) with a disgusting big puss filled boil on its neck, and at that point, both me and the missus thought it crossed into being gratuitous. There was no need for it... Felt like kicking the audience while they were down to me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Anyone else really disappointed that we didn't get to have brain damage glen for the rest of the show walking around with his bashed in head "HAI MERGAY DER FUND SUERPIES, I POOP".

Well now i enjoyed the episode so happy to see glen killed and ginger snaps, the last season really just pissed me off to no end and im so happy he is finally dead, looking forward to how the show pans out, last season's fake outs must never return ever!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Anyone else really disappointed that we didn't get to have brain damage glen for the rest of the show walking around with his bashed in head "HAI MERGAY DER FUND SUERPIES, I POOP".

Well now i enjoyed the episode so happy to see glen killed and ginger snaps, the last season really just pissed me off to no end and im so happy he is finally dead, looking forward to how the show pans out, last season's fake outs must never return ever!!

What??

Ps, I know what you are saying here, but what or maybe why?! !

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

That_Guy wrote: »
    That was probably the most gut wrenching and distressing piece of television I've ever watched. [...] I've seen people shítting on it because it's not like the comics. I'm not a reader of the comics but for the medium this show is presented, I thought that was as near a flawless an episode we're likely to get this season.

I love the comics... but for me the TV show is better than the comics!

Last night's episode was the pinnacle of gripping television that kept you on the edge of your seat and messed with your emotions. If some people didn't like it, I am ok with that, but it really was a great piece of TV entertainment. The only problem is...where do they go from here? As matching that will be very hard I reckon!

Oh hang on, is that a Tiger I saw in the preview?! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

One thing was bothering me about the guy who told Negan Daryl's name. He looked familiar and then I was told he actuallyvoiced the Trevor character in GTA V. Man I love that character.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Blazer wrote: »
    One thing was bothering me about the guy who told Negan Daryl's name. He looked familiar and then I was told he actuallyvoiced the Trevor character in GTA V. Man I love that character.

Probably NSFW

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Watched it last night. Very exciting television. Neegan seems to be an unstoppable force right now. Unhinged, but sane enough to be a massive threat. Can't wait to see how things play out.

And here's some halloween ideas for some levity.

kglHutY.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

No.

No.

I think his sense of "humour " is lost on us!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I think his sense of "humour " is lost on us!!

400127.jpg

Ha! Is that real?! Or did you make it!!

Honestly never seen it !!!

• Advertisement

What??

Ps, I know what you are saying here, but what or maybe why?! !

comedy relief obviously

comedy relief obviously

Bit of a twisted sense of comedy relief!! Anyway, moving on!

Sorry I need to watch it again but was Rick just imagining things when scenes cut to Negan hitting everyone with Lucille?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Olishi4 wrote: »
    Sorry I need to watch it again but was Rick just imagining things when scenes cut to Negan hitting everyone with Lucille?

Yes. A kind of "what if" I disobey his again kind of thing.

davo2001 wrote: »
    Yes. A kind of "what if" I disobey his again kind of thing.

Ye it was a bit unnecessary but probably just to show what was going on in his head and that he had reason to keep going!

Olishi4 wrote: »
    Ye it was a bit unnecessary but probably just to show what was going on in his head and that he had reason to keep going!

more served as a purpose to mess with the audiences prolonged suspicions. Sure he was imagining Glenn getting hit again effectively! Not much he could do for him at that stage!

more served as a purpose to mess with the audiences prolonged suspicions. Sure he was imagining Glenn getting hit again effectively! Not much he could do for him at that stage!

Imagine they had just killed most of them off! Now that would have been shocking!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Totally agree, it was like a giant FU to any fan who hated the ending of season 6. Just another way to get at them

skipper_G wrote: »
    Totally agree, it was like a giant FU to any fan who hated the ending of season 6. Just another way to get at them

I didn't mind the last episode of season 6 as much as others did. Not sure where I read it (could have been here?) but if they were going to kill two, they should have revealed one killing on the finale and then shocked us with the other in the first episode in the new season.

• Advertisement

Bit of a twisted sense of comedy relief!! Anyway, moving on!

says the person who enjoys a show about psychopaths and zombies... whats with the attitude on here ??? get over yourselfs assholes.

Advertisement