Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 1 | The Day Will Come [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Lone Stone wrote: »
    says the person who enjoys a show about psychopaths and zombies... whats with the attitude on here ??? get over yourselfs assholes.

Difference between fictitious zombies and an onscreen "comedy relief" depiction of a brain damaged person. Maybe some of us have experience with the latter. I personally don't find it as comedy relief, especially the depiction you paint . Zombies are fictitious monsters, bit different! You asked the question, we gave you our answer! So, no, I didn't want to see a brain damaged Glenn continuing on!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Olishi4 wrote: »
    I didn't mind the last episode of season 6 as much as others did. Not sure where I read it (could have been here?) but if they were going to kill two, they should have revealed one killing on the finale and then shocked us with the other in the first episode in the new season.

Yeah I remember reading that on here. I could have lived with that for sure. I hated the ending because I think a proper death would have been much more emotionally investing. And instead of thinking who was it for weeks I would have mourned the character properly. And as you say could have started the new season with a bang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Difference between fictitious zombies and an onscreen "comedy relief" depiction of a brain damaged person. Maybe some of us have experience with the latter. I personally don't find it as comedy relief, especially the depiction you paint . Zombies are fictitious monsters, bit different! You asked the question, we gave you our answer! So, no, I didn't want to see a brain damaged Glenn continuing on!

ow get over yourself you twat keep on trolling i remember you from last season causing arguments on here, welcome to my block list (your the first) you absolute arsehole, it was a bloody joke and anyone taking a joke about some one getting their head bashed in on the walking dead into dealing with brain damage in real life needs to cop the **** on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Lone Stone wrote: »
    ow get over yourself you twat keep on trolling i remember you from last season causing arguments on here, welcome to my block you absolute arsehole, it was a bloody joke and anyone taking a joke about some one getting their head bashed in on the walking dead into dealing with brain damage in real life needs to cop the **** on.

Charming ;

Give it, but can't take it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lone Stone / Talking Bread - please stop the back and forth arguments. You're derailing the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

yes no worries as i will just ignore anyone who has an issue with jokes about fictitious characters wandering around a fictitious world filled with fictitious zombies in a fictitious post apocalypse world because my vision of a rick and goonies sloth-like glen finding shinies is apparently to close to home, but rest assured my show would beat fear the walking dead in ratings. But yes anyways carry along there then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Ye were told to SHUT UP.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

skipper_G wrote: »
    Totally agree, it was like a giant FU to any fan who hated the ending of season 6. Just another way to get at them

I didn't mind the last episode of season 6 as much as others did. Not sure where I read it (could have been here?) but if they were going to kill two, they should have revealed one killing on the finale and then shocked us with the other in the first episode in the new season.

The thing is that this episode had to be all about breaking a character that is nearly unbreakable. And we had to be taken on the journey with him. That meant that the entire episode had to be the brutal thing that it was. Split the deaths across the episodes would have reduced the impact of the first within the context of breaking Rick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lone Stone, don't post in this thread again please.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

molloyjh wrote: »
    The thing is that this episode had to be all about breaking a character that is nearly unbreakable.

But he has been broken before, he was broken at the end of season 6 when he realised how outnumbered he was. He could barely function in last seasons finale. To believe he could threaten Negan or fight off the walkers is beyond a stretch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

Yeah Rick was helpless, but that doesn't neccessarily break a man as such. Rick was still able to show defiance to Negan with his comments. However, I think it's safe to say that Rick is "broken" now - not just after the deaths - but fetching the axe for Negan and nearly having to cut his own son's arm off... This was a powerful episode and it's whole aim was to show the route Negan took at breaking Rick as a leader.

For me, it worked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Okon wrote: »
    Yeah Rick was helpless, but that doesn't neccessarily break a man as such. Rick was still able to show defiance to Negan with his comments. However, I think it's safe to say that Rick is "broken" now - not just after the deaths - but fetching the axe for Negan and nearly having to cut his own son's arm off... This was a powerful episode and it's whole aim was to show the route Negan took at breaking Rick as a leader.

For me, it worked!

It's only temporary though.

I think that Rick will be down for a while but we will see little wins over Negan over time until they get out of the situation and eventually Rick will become a threat to Negan as he is to Rick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

It's only temporary though.

I think that Rick will be down for a while but we will see little wins over Negan over time until they get out of the situation and eventually Rick will become a threat to Negan as he is to Rick.

I dont think its going to be Rick who takes Negan out.

I think its going to be one of the women, Maggie, Rosita or Sasha.

I dont think its going to be Rick who takes Negan out.

Yea I can see that, Maggie more so than Rosita or Sasha. I can't see them killing Negan though. He's a good character and should be kept. Like they could get away but leave it so there's always a chance they will run into him.

Yea I can see that, Maggie more so than Rosita or Sasha. I can't see them killing Negan though. He's a good character and should be kept. Like they could get away but leave it so there's always a chance they will run into him.

Maybe Maggie with backup from the other 2 - and possibly kill off one or all of them doing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Rick will one way or another have the final vengeance on Negan imo, the others may play a part but given the amount of time dedicated to showing Negan overpowering and breaking Rick down the arc will surely come full circle in some form and it be Rick who gets to deliver the revenge. Not sure if he will be killed though
    as to my knowledge he is alive in the comics?, maybe he will be kept prisoner or something as a sign of the community becoming properly civilised again, somewhere far in the future and keeping people alive while being punished rather then death being the only option as has kind of been alluded too with Morgan building cells and stuff like that, seems to me to be the way it will go eventually. That is the ideal anyway, to get back to life being important, precious, not to be taken so easily. That being the difference between the savage and the civilised

Anybody watch the Talking Dead after the premiere? I watched it yesterday, was lashing rain the entire time, outdoors in LA :)

I have never seen an episode of that before, but really enjoyed the cast interactions etc, doubt that is the normal format and Im not really into fanshows so it probably won't be a regular viewing for me, just liked that one.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I think though to satisfy the audience (this is just IMO of course) that if Negan dies, it should be at the hands of Rick. Rick is the main character, the leader of the group, he was totally beaten down and emasculated by Negan in front of his own people, and I guess tv (and maybe comic book?) justice would demand that Rick himself be the victor in this case. However the three women mentioned definitely have reason to be front and centre in any fight with Negan, and we know that none of them are to be messed with.

I'm looking forward to the whole Saviours storyline. I think this will surpass anything we've seen so far - but then again I have been disappointed before about how certain things have been played out versus how they were publicised by AMC, social media etc. Terminus, for one. Also the Wolves. I really hope that Negan etc isn't just a two or three episode wonder. I've mentioned before somewhere how the show needs a long-running antagonist. The walkers are secondary to the storylines now. It's almost like every half-season has a different villain which is defeated. Aaaaaand, next!

As I don't follow the comics, maybe this group is going to be the Big Bad (bonus points if you get the reference!!) that just keeps giving.

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    I think though to satisfy the audience (this is just IMO of course) that if Negan dies, it should be at the hands of Rick. Rick is the main character, the leader of the group, he was totally beaten down and emasculated by Negan in front of his own people, and I guess tv (and maybe comic book?) justice would demand that Rick himself be the victor in this case. However the three women mentioned definitely have reason to be front and centre in any fight with Negan, and we know that none of them are to be messed with.

I'm looking forward to the whole Saviours storyline I think this will surpass anything we've seen so far - but then again I have been disappointed before about how certain things have been played out versus how they were publicised by AMC, social media etc. Terminus, for one. Also the Wolves. I really hope that Negan etc isn't just a two or three episode wonder. I've mentioned before somewhere how the show needs a long-running antagonist. The walkers are secondary to the storylines now. It's almost like every half-season has a different villain which is defeated. Aaaaaand, next!

As I don't follow the comics, maybe this group is going to be the Big Bad (bonus points if you get the reference!!) that just keeps giving.

Ye its too predictable at this stage where a villain is introduced and then gone. That's why The Governor had an impact because he lasted at bit longer than the rest and we got to see a bit more to his character. Hopefully we will get to see a bit more from the side of The Saviours, how they came about, inconsistencies or little gaps in how Negan runs the group etc and more insight into who Negan is.

I was also very disappointed with Terminus and I think they could have done something better with that storyline. When I first heard of cannibals, I was thinking of something more like how it was done in "The Road".

I think some long running small victories against Negan would be good but also Negan getting one over on them too. Perhaps one of the girls like Maggie could try to get revenge unsuccessfully against Negan and become another victim. And I said earlier, it might be good to see a loyal character betray Rick in favour of Negan!

I don't know the "Big Bad" reference! Big bad wolf? No points? :(:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

I think Carol is the only one up to that particular task.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

mzungu wrote: »

Navy SEAL style, just out of the shadows behind Negan, slit his throat and then slip back into the shadows. A quiet death, I think it would hurt Negan more not to have a grand death the way he likes to grand stand around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Anybody watch the Talking Dead after the premiere? I watched it yesterday, was lashing rain the entire time, outdoors in LA :)

I have never seen an episode of that before, but really enjoyed the cast interactions etc, doubt that is the normal format and Im not really into fanshows so it probably won't be a regular viewing for me, just liked that one.

It's not normally like that, that was an extended 90 minute live show just for the premiere. It normally just features one cast member on the show at a time, with some nice insights but a lot of filler content too.

In relation to all the comments relating to how brutal this episode was or how uneasy it made them feel, I personally think the abattoir scene in Terminus was far more brutal, and I'm not giving out, I love the gore! I think you have to be prepared to sign up to it when you invest in a post-apocalyptic zombie show!

mzungu wrote: »

I did have to name 3 ladies and I was thinking of them working together.

Of course Carol could sort it solo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Ye its too predictable at this stage where a villain is introduced and then gone. That's why The Governor had an impact because he lasted at bit longer than the rest and we got to see a bit more to his character. Hopefully we will get to see a bit more from the side of The Saviours, how they came about, inconsistencies or little gaps in how Negan runs the group etc and more insight into who Negan is.

I don't know the "Big Bad" reference! Big bad wolf? No points? :(:)

Big bad is a Buffy reference (I miss that show I still rewatch it!)
    I know what you are saying about Negan and why, but I just want to see Negan come to fast and brutal end !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

was disappointed they didn't address the gore on the Talking Dead

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

was disappointed they didn't address the gore on the Talking Dead

Was it really any gorier than seeing Herschel getting his head chopped off (and it not being a clean one single cut) or any gorier than seeing a zombie tear into Dale's stomach?

I think the scene was brutal because of the tension that was created far more than anything to do with gore tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

IMO the gore was purely down to having a better makeup budget now.

IMO the gore was purely down to having a better makeup budget now.

Thats it for the season, all kills off screen from here on in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,490 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Looking at the scores above - anybody giving that episode less than an 8 needs to stop watching and go do something else. :rolleyes:

That was 45 minutes of the most tension filled scenes I've witnessed on television. I was actually shocked that the producers had the balls
    to kill Glenn in the same way as he was off'd in the comic

But, Andrew Lincoln - who I think is a little prone to a bit of overacting in the show - was truly excellent. His grief and submission was 100% believable and reaching that level of despair is not an easy task for an actor, that's for sure. I was so primed by the horrific nature of this episode
    that I was sure Carl was going to lose the hand as well and was actually relieved when it didn't...er...come off

A brilliant episode. The second best, after the series 1 opener for me. The only problem with this episode, is that the show is going to find it very difficult to follow up an episode like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

molloyjh wrote: »
    Was it really any gorier than seeing Herschel getting his head chopped off (and it not being a clean one single cut) or any gorier than seeing a zombie tear into Dale's stomach?

I think the scene was brutal because of the tension that was created far more than anything to do with gore tbh.

yes, only vague memories of those but glen attempt to speak made it gorier/more excruciating?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Tony EH wrote: »
    Looking at the scores above - anybody giving that episode less than an 8 needs to stop watching and go do something else. :rolleyes:

That was 45 minutes of the most tension filled scenes I've witnessed on television. I was actually shocked that the producers had the balls
    to kill Glenn in the same way as he was off'd in the comic

But, Andrew Lincoln - who I think is a little prone to a bit of overacting in the show - was truly excellent. His grief and submission was 100% believable and reaching that level of despair is not an easy task for an actor, that's for sure. I was so primed by the horrific nature of this episode
    that I was sure Carl was going to lose the hand as well and was actually relieved when it didn't...er...come off

A brilliant episode. The second best, after the series 1 opener for me. The only problem with this episode, is that the show is going to find it very difficult to follow up an episode like that.

Was watching it again this morning (best not to watch it on a full stomach!) and I have to say the scene where Rick is on top of the RV crying over what happened to Abraham and Glenn is just heartbreaking. His hand covering his mouth, the quiet sobbing, which is what real people actually do!

And then when he was being made to cut Carl's arm off, he was actually like a simpering dog shaking his head, the spit drooling from his mouth, ready to do whatever his master wanted...it was primal stuff. Can't wait to see what happens with Daryl now. They've set it up so well for the rest of the series.

Advertisement