Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor download speeds in the evening

Options
  • 20-10-2016 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

The exchange is supposed to be NGB but my download speeds have dropped from a steady 1.5Mb/s normally to <100Kb/s the last few evenings. Router stats are fine.
    Can Eir check if there is any issues at the exchange with backhaul, etc.
    Will PM my details when someone is available.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭aidanodr

lockup35 wrote: »
    The exchange is supposed to be NGB but my download speeds have dropped from a steady 1.5Mb/s normally to <100Kb/s the last few evenings. Router stats are fine.

Seems its happening all over country last night / tonight. Eir said their was a major cut cable outage early thursday morning but sorted now.

Advised to reboot router.

Im in carrigaline co. Cork on efibre 70/80mbos normally. Now dosn to 3. Even after reboot. Go check twitter search for @eircare. Others same prob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭dennyk

Yeah, something's still not right. Not seeing any packet loss like last night, but throughput is terrible to a lot of locations, including Youtube and such. Oddly it doesn't seem to be affecting uploads, just downloads; I can upload at 15-20Mbps to some places in the US, but downloads are <1Mbps. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

lockup35 wrote: »

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]lockup35,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm so sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your service [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]lockup35. [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend contacting the technical team & troubleshooting the issues you are experiencing. You can contact them on 1890260260 or Freephone 1901 option 2. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]- Pamela [/font]

Advertisement