Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

waiting time is killing me

• 20-10-2016 9:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

hi all,anyone know the waiting time around tipperary north,for license for 223?mine is in 4 weeks today heard nothing yet,should i enquire,or wait another while,its killing me:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cz .17

Well lad I'm in north tipp there usually on the ball with getting applications back within a few weeks but if you give a ring they will tell you and there pretty good to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭outinthefields

Dont ring tomorrow its a flu day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I got mine after two weeks if sending in my app. Have you rang your FO?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭sniperman

I got mine after two weeks if sending in my app. Have you rang your FO?

that was quick,no i have not been in any contact yet,ill call in monday..............had my .22lr license in 11 working days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭Tommyaya4

sniperman wrote: »
    hi all,anyone know the waiting time around tipperary north,for license for 223?mine is in 4 weeks today heard nothing yet,should i enquire,or wait another while,its killing me:D
    4 weeks isn't that long guards have up to 12 weeks to reply to your application

• Advertisement

Tommyaya4 wrote: »
    4 weeks isn't that long guards have up to 12 weeks to reply to your application

i know that,its just i cant imagine it being that much of a big process.i mean i get mail and items from china in less time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

It's the inconsistency that can be so frustrating. I got my .22lr rifle license in 10 days but I'm waiting over 4 months now for my .22lr pistol license.

i know that,its just i cant imagine it being that much of a big process.i mean i get mail and items from china in less time

It's not the process it's the cops dealing with it and supers delaying you for as long as possible the fao here will make you wait the full 12 weeks even for a substitution

Tommyaya4 wrote: »
    It's not the process it's the cops dealing with it and supers delaying you for as long as possible the fao here will make you wait the full 12 weeks even for a substitution

i know your right,and i think its wrong,evan to know it was granted would be a relief,least i would know it was coming,eventually.

i know your right,and i think its wrong,evan to know it was granted would be a relief,least i would know it was coming,eventually.

That's it money tied up for months and not knowing should be 4 weeks max no reason for prolonged delays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

that was quick,no i have not been in any contact yet,ill call in monday..............had my .22lr license in 11 working days.

Did you call mate? Have you received it yet? I remember on my shotgun it took 11 weeks which killed me so I know what it's like waiting but then again two weeks in my .223 was great. Just ring em every so often but don't annoy them over it or it'll be longer. What make is the .223

Did you call mate? Have you received it yet? I remember on my shotgun it took 11 weeks which killed me so I know what it's like waiting but then again two weeks in my .223 was great. Just ring em every so often but don't annoy them over it or it'll be longer. What make is the .223

no i did not call in yet,ill leave it for another week or two,as said dont want to annoy them,its a remington 700 fluted barrel,a lad i know is selling it due to ill health,said its hardly used,looks nice,heavy to hold,if this license ever comes will post a few pics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

Just out of curiousity is it a new license or a substitution? I sent a sub into same station as you over five weeks ago and still no sign yet, my friend sent in a new application after me and had it in about 2 weeks, and i sent in a new app during the summer and had it back in 10 days, for some reason the new apps came back from a differant station though, so must be why they are processed so quickly but renewals and subs take ages

ormondprop wrote: »
    Just out of curiousity is it a new license or a substitution? I sent a sub into same station as you over five weeks ago and still no sign yet, my friend sent in a new application after me and had it in about 2 weeks, and i sent in a new app during the summer and had it back in 10 days, for some reason the new apps came back from a differant station though, so must be why they are processed so quickly but renewals and subs take ages

its a new app,will give it a week or so before i contact them,:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭garrettod

One can't help but wonder if the dispute between the Gardai and the Government is having an impact on turnaround times at the moment, I suppose ?

If you can think of a good reason why you need to ask the Gardai to hurry up with the decision "as a favour" to you, then I'd try it..... maybe the fella selling it is very ill and needs the money to pay for treatment or something ?

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭stef22

if you are in the same district a me ,it is not 5 weeks but 5 months you have to wait. The FO changed 3 times in the space of 3 months
    "ah sure my good man , we collect all the application and do them all together in November .....!!!!!!"
    that is what i was told.
    So my shotgun application has been on the desk for the past 3 months.

the waiting time is a joke alright,puts a real damper on it,but nothing we can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

All these short waiting times sound just wonderful to us on mainland UK. Essex wrote to all its certificate holder earlier this year, advising them that the AVERAGE wait would be 'at least forty-two weeks, but might be longer'.

Tyne and Wear are asking for patience, but at eight to ten MONTHS average wait this is hard for most of us.

In my county, even something as simple as a one-for-one - same calibre but new[er] gun - can take ten weeks.....

Be grateful, Gentlemen.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭stef22

Back in France you just go to the shop with your hunting license and get the shotgun. You then tell the cops you got one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Autre pays, autre facons.

tac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Vizzy

stef22 wrote: »
    Back in France you just go to the shop with your hunting license and get the shotgun. You then tell the cops you got one.

In Kansas you simply walk in to a gunshop and buy the gun,and as long as you don't have a criminal record, you walk out with your gun.

But to quote Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz " I know we are not in Kansas now" :p

Vizzy wrote: »
    In Kansas you simply walk in to a gunshop and buy the gun,and as long as you don't have a criminal record, you walk out with your gun.

But to quote Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz " I know we are not in Kansas now" :p

LOL :D

Not sure if I quite want those arrangements to be honest mate, but I do believe that once you've been approved by the Gardai then you should be able to buy a second gun, or change guns, without going through the entire proceedure all over again .. and paying another €80 for the privilage.

Credit where it's due mind, I've always found my own local guys good to deal with... very practical approach to the matter, usually only a few weeks from start to finish (sometimes less) and it's very much appreciated when I hear about what so many others have to put up with.

Thanks,

G.

great news,(but not so for a few red lads i know of)got letter today,happy days and nights ahead,over the moon,will post a few pic of the rig when fully set up,thanks all for comments,no doubt ill be asking a few questions over time,as this is my first centerfire.christmas has come early for me.

Congrats mate.

Thanks,

G.

well here is a few pics of the rig,remington 700,burris fullfield scope and rings, harris bipod,trigger job done, also 5 boxs hornady 55 gr,all for €800,the lad was giving up due to ill health,said the gun was hardly used,im delighted with it,went out today to test it out,could not believe how accurate it is,never had to adjust the scope,ranged out 100 yards in local sand pit,this is what i got with first 3 shots, all i can say is wow,the lad said its set an inch over at 100 yards,he was right,cant wait to go for a lamp after a fox,well pleased now.:D

Advertisement