Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isla bikes rental scheme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

It does sound like a great idea in fairness. They kinda of did have a version of that in place anyway in that you could trade in your old bike and buy new, and presumably that trade in was then sold on again (and perhaps re-traded in later again).

But their pricing is well out of whack in comparison to other manufacturers. Their new "pro" range for example iirc start at around 1800 pounds sterling and for that you're still getting an aluminium cx style frame, and not a superlight one... I did a lot of research lately into road bikes for my kids and the upshot of it was -as soon ever as you can you need to get them off the childrens bike cul de sac and start looking at the smallest adult frame builds -which manufacturers are increasingly beginning to cater for.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Brilliant idea. I love the concept of building things to last as long as they possibly can with replaceable parts, as opposed to designed obsolescence which wastes finite resources and adds to land fills purely in order to meet a business model.

Advertisement