Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICPSA Flapper

Options
  • 21-10-2016 7:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I need some help here.
    I've been out of Ireland a long time but was a member of the ICPSA for a number of years.
    What is a flapper? Sounds like a wounded duck trying to get off the ground (-:
    Tonyaus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Tonyaus wrote:
    I need some help here. I've been out of Ireland a long time but was a member of the ICPSA for a number of years. What is a flapper? Sounds like a wounded duck trying to get off the ground (-: Tonyaus

Ah the flapper :
    A term used to describe a clay shoot by a local Gun club. Normally in a farmers field or similiar. Prizes are usually per trap 50/30/20 and a high gun with a pool dtl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

yup theres one on in Clare on Sunday at Tulassa Clay Pigeon club about 5 min from ennis . its open to anyone if you are around ;)

http://tullassarange.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Tonyaus

Thanks for the invite but a bit far to travel from Queensland Australia!
    I was a member of the Wexford Gun Club back in the 60's and 70's and actually won three or four DTL championships there. They were shot over 100 birds back then. There was no affiliation with the ICPSA, that came much later and then they fell out anyway. I know for one reason or another we kept moving the venue.
    I also attended the major DTL shoots at Ashbourne...Irish Open Single and Double rise, Gold Cup..etc.,
    I'm surprised the ICPSA venue is still at Ashbourne given all the development around there.
    At the local shoots, the pool was always a good one to win (-:.........much better than that silver cup they gave you.
    Sounds like not much has changed over there.
    Tonyaus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Tonyaus wrote: »
    Thanks for the invite but a bit far to travel from Queensland Australia!
    I was a member of the Wexford Gun Club back in the 60's and 70's and actually won three or four DTL championships there. They were shot over 100 birds back then. There was no affiliation with the ICPSA, that came much later and then they fell out anyway. I know for one reason or another we kept moving the venue.
    I also attended the major DTL shoots at Ashbourne...Irish Open Single and Double rise, Gold Cup..etc.,
    I'm surprised the ICPSA venue is still at Ashbourne given all the development around there.
    At the local shoots, the pool was always a good one to win (-:.........much better than that silver cup they gave you.
    Sounds like not much has changed over there.
    Tonyaus

lol ah but twould be good craic worth the trip :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Tonyaus

One of the DTL shooting greats came from Ennis.....his name was Mick Fawl

Tonyaus

• Advertisement
Advertisement