Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec fusion alarm battery

Options
  • 21-10-2016 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

Hi

Can anybody advise me how I can go about getting a battery replaced on an Astec fusion alarm or PM a company who could replace it.
    How long will the low battery last for a week or months? It was installed 5 years ago by a retired alarm installer relative of mine. It came up with the fault that the battery is low last night. I'm in south Dublin.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

5 years would be average battery life. It's in the main control panel.
    You need a 12 volt DC 7 amp rechargeable battery. Very easy to swap out like for like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Alaureque

Hi there. I've just moved too new apartment with Astec alarm installed. It seems it needs a battery replacement and I'm looking for a engineer manual. Would anybody have one to forward on PM? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Alaureque wrote: »
    Hi there. I've just moved too new apartment with Astec alarm installed. It seems it needs a battery replacement and I'm looking for a engineer manual. Would anybody have one to forward on PM? Thanks

As per charter we are not allowed pm or post links to manuals unless on manufactures website.

Which Astec system have you installed?

I think it's Astec 63.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi
    Its not the easiest battery in the world to change.
    Is it showing Call Engineer 61?
    As stated we are no longer allowed share manuals unless its from the Manufacturer website. As Astec systems are obsolete & the company has be liquidated we don't have that option I'm afraid.
    The battery you need is 12vDC 2.1 amp rechargeable.
    2.1__12861.1405458051.1280.1280.jpg?c=2
    If you want to have a go at it come back to us here & we will give you all the help we can.

• Advertisement

No, code 61 is not displayed. I think it was showing something like "battery" or "battery low" for a while but as it was not a priority I just ignored that. Yesterday, the alarm went off for no reason so I thought that it might be because the battery is flat, but I might be wrong. Now, there is only current time displayed so thought there might be something about it in the manual.

Is it this keypad
    OTk5Yjc4MjFmMjc2MmQyZDZkOWNiZDU4ODFhYjJkNjYw2EEBYDcDrYUGvyQKSFo3aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYTFkZTE0MDFmOWJjNWI5M2NiMDljZWU4YWIyYTNmNzZiMGE5NDkwYWFkNjhmZTE3ZDBkNjQ4ZDFhYzdlZDY4NC5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTN4Mjk0fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg
    Or This One?
    ZTFiMjA1ZmM2NGZmYWZmNmRmNWU0NjM4MzlhMzc1ZTjH8ZPchIoBpfOzv2Y91jxjaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYjUwYzEyZmRjNmNkYWM3ZDhkYmEwZTNmMzA5YTIyMTZjNjFjOGI3NmNiOTk4ZTMxNjFjMTY3ZjJjMWJmYzRkYy5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTN4Mjk0fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

The First one is an Astec 63/49 this would either flash Battery on the screen or show battery fault if the battery will not charge.
    If its the second keypad its this battery you need.
    41gmXjJr4iL._SY355_.jpg
    This is a much easier battery to change.

I think it's Astec 63.

If its a 63 the battery is located in behind the PCB inside the control panel.
    Its a 12V 2.2 Apm battery you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Sorry for hopping onto this thread. I have the same issue with an Astec 63. Can anyone advise where I would pick up a battery tomorrow? And is it just a case of powering down, replacing it and powering back up? Will I need an engineering code?

We plan to change the alarm after getting windows done later in the year so I don’t want to go spending big money on it now.

You would get one in maplins on a weekend but you will pay 4 times the price.
    If you power it down and remove the battery link its just a matter of swapping it out.. Be careful when remounting the pcb that the battery cables are well tucked away on top of the battery and won't get shorted on the back of the pcb.
    If you get a message 76 Call Engineer you will need the engineer code to reset the panel.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    You would get one in maplins on a weekend but you will pay 4 times the price.
    If you power it down and remove the battery link its just a matter of swapping it out.. Be careful when remounting the pcb that the battery cables are well tucked away on top of the battery and won't get shorted on the back of the pcb.
    If you get a message 76 Call Engineer you will need the engineer code to reset the panel.

Maplins are gone now fortunately/unfortunately.

Europower in Glasnevin seem to be open in the morning so I’ll bring down the old battery and give them a try. Thanks for the help!

When you say remove the battery link, do you just mean where the battery terminals are connected?

No
    On the Astec panel there is a battery link just above the sounders terminals. Disconnect this to disconnect the battery power

Ok, so I got a replacement battery in Europower for €17. The only problem is that I accidentally pushed the fuse back in while I was trying to open the panel. It’s showing code 76 on the keypad. I found the manual on YouTube of all places and I tried the engineer code but no dice ( it’s just Clear + 4 digit code, right?)

I guess this is a callout job then?

Europower sorted me out this morning. €17 for a new battery. The only issue is that I accidentally pushed the fuse back in while removing the panel cover. It’s now showing 76 Call Engineer.

I found the manual on YouTube of all places and tried the engineer code (clear + 4 digit code) but no dice. I guess this is a call out job then? Would the installers give the code over the phone? It’s Cuala Security if that means anything.

Or ask the original installers for the engineer code.
    Unfortunately we are not allowed help you here with codes anymore.

Or ask the original installers for the engineer code.
    Unfortunately we are not allowed help you here with codes anymore.

It turns out the installer is a great guy. All sorted now. Many thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Marlay

Is it this keypad

Or This One?
    ZTFiMjA1ZmM2NGZmYWZmNmRmNWU0NjM4MzlhMzc1ZTjH8ZPchIoBpfOzv2Y91jxjaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYjUwYzEyZmRjNmNkYWM3ZDhkYmEwZTNmMzA5YTIyMTZjNjFjOGI3NmNiOTk4ZTMxNjFjMTY3ZjJjMWJmYzRkYy5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTN4Mjk0fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

The First one is an Astec 63/49 this would either flash Battery on the screen or show battery fault if the battery will not charge.
    If its the second keypad its this battery you need.
    41gmXjJr4iL._SY355_.jpg
    This is a much easier battery to change.

Can anyone say what the procedure is for changing the battery with the Fusion? Is it just disconnect the existing and replace, no battery link or anything as described for the other version? Thanks.

Marlay wrote: »
    Can anyone say what the procedure is for changing the battery with the Fusion? Is it just disconnect the existing and replace, no battery link or anything as described for the other version? Thanks.

Open main control panel, if alarm sounds enter your user code.
    Disconnect battery and replace with a 12V 7Amp battery making sure to connect correctly.
    This is located in the bottom of the control panel when you open it.

Close up and job done.

Advertisement