Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Domestic Hot Water no so hot

• 21-10-2016 9:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

I have a heat pump, solar and immersion system to provide my hot water.

Presently the heat pump kick in at 0600 for roughly an half an hour ( i hear the compressor), this is followed on by the immersion for 45mins. At which point the water should be hot. But its is not providing the hot water at a sufficient temp or volume.

Last year I had a problem with the solar back up and circulating the cooler coolant , but I dont think that is the case.

The heat pump is a 17kW and the immersion is 2kW. The tank is a 300l. The water is hard.

I think it could be the immersion been too short or small in power. Or maybe the immersion is covered in lime ??

Anyone an ideas ??? herself is going to do for me if I dont sort it out

Advertisement