Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballincollig Counter (plus many others) Closing

Options
  • 21-10-2016 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi
    I think it's ridiculous that you are getting rid of the counter service in Ballincollig. My mother and father have never used the internet nor have interest in using it and that should be their prerogative. I have been putting information together for them and their friends on how to switch banks as it is unbelievable that you don't care or consider the people who have kept you open all these years. 

What did you think was going to happen to the older vulnerable people who shouldn't at this stage of their lives be forced to change how they bank. Do you really expect that people who have never even used the internet to go out an buy a laptop/tablet or smartphone to accommodate your cost cutting measures? The most horrific thing of all was a woman taking out all of her money and hiding it in her garden cause she was so afraid she wouldn't know how to take it out.
    (luckily she told the right person who got her to put it into another bank).

I know times are changing but it is just so sad how the people who got us here are the people that are being forgotten. 

A soon to be former Bank of Ireland customer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

FTM2 wrote: »
    Hi
    I think it's ridiculous that you are getting rid of the counter service in Ballincollig. My mother and father have never used the internet nor have interest in using it and that should be their prerogative. I have been putting information together for them and their friends on how to switch banks as it is unbelievable that you don't care or consider the people who have kept you open all these years. 

What did you think was going to happen to the older vulnerable people who shouldn't at this stage of their lives be forced to change how they bank. Do you really expect that people who have never even used the internet to go out an buy a laptop/tablet or smartphone to accommodate your cost cutting measures? The most horrific thing of all was a woman taking out all of her money and hiding it in her garden cause she was so afraid she wouldn't know how to take it out.
    (luckily she told the right person who got her to put it into another bank).

I know times are changing but it is just so sad how the people who got us here are the people that are being forgotten. 

A soon to be former Bank of Ireland customer.
    Hi,

Thank you for your post here on Boards.ie.

Bank of Ireland understands these changes may be a difficult transition for some of our customers, and we want to reassure you that our branch teams will be available to help and guide them through this change.

Where customers still require a counter cash service, our branch staff will advise them of the closest neighbouring branch and provide them with details of a staff member who will assist them in that branch. Customers will be introduced to the new branch by a member of staff who will make contact to provide the customer’s name and contact details along with any typical requirements in order to make the transition as seamless as possible.

The bank is committed to supporting all vulnerable or elderly customers in building their confidence in the use of self-service and digital options and has a dedicated team, Digital Arrows to support customers in this regard. For more information on our digital arrows please see here.

We’ll certainly pass on your feedback in relation to this.

Thanks,

Tara C

Advertisement