Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox Adobe flash update issue

Options
  • 21-10-2016 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Odd, updated Adobe shockwave flash plug in, yet after the process it still detects the plug in as vunerable. Firefox 49.0.2. repeated the update, reboot etc. thoughts....?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

mrtom wrote: »
    Odd, updated Adobe shockwave flash plug in, yet after the process it still detects the plug in as vunerable. Firefox 49.0.2. repeated the update, reboot etc. thoughts....?

I'm just curious, is there any particular reason you still need Shockwave? It's a terrible product (from a security perspective). I don't even have Flash installed and my internet experience is just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

You've somehow got two versions installed. Version 23 is the latest, it's showing version 20 as being vulnerable. You should be able to uninstall this version from Control Panel > Uninstall a Program.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭mrtom

Alun wrote: »
    You've somehow got two versions installed. Version 23 is the latest, it's showing version 20 as being vulnerable. You should be able to uninstall this version from Control Panel > Uninstall a Program.

Well spotted ! However I dont see reference to V.20 in "Uninstall a Program".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I long gave up on the flash plugin for FF as it was so unreliable, I just use chrome now instead when I want to watch stuff that FF can't do.

Advertisement