Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting business while in full time employment

Options
  • 21-10-2016 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm currently working full time in the IT business but I'm interested in starting an aerial photography business part time. I'm wondering if there are any specific things I should be thinking about in terms of financials...e.g. how it'll affect my tax credits (if at all).

I'm going to be putting a bit of money into the business to get it going obviously, so I'm not expecting to make a whole lot in the first year, mainly because it will be part time and there's only so many hours in the year you can fly a drone in this country. I don't want to be in a position where I make less than I currently do because of paying more tax after setting up a business.

Also, suggestions on sole trader v limited company?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement