Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP Cameras on TV

Options
  • 21-10-2016 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Folks - looking for some advice on this, surely someone has done something similar.

I have a few IP Cameras around the house and may add more. I have them set up to record to a NAS and can access remotely so all is fine that way.

However, I would like to have them hooked into my TVs, so ideally that I could change source and watch whatever camera currently has motion. My thoughts are that when the children are outside, we can have the cameras on in the background.

A nice feature would also be to have them appear in the Pip window if someone buzzed the gate, etc. I can rig this up potentially using IR emitters, triggers from gate, etc.

I would plan to distribute the signal to the TVs using HDMI over Cat7, as opposed to having a separate device at each TV.

Presumably a Raspberry Pi could do it, but ideally I'd like something off the shelf.

Something like this either: netcamviewer.com , but I can't tell if it has the motion capability.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Either an nvr that supports your cameras or an android box running an app for same

Advertisement