Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lightnet broadband 100mb?

Options
  • 21-10-2016 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi All,

I see lightnet are now offering "up to 100mb" broadband via wireless or fibre.
    I'm out in kylebrack so it would be the wireless version I'd be getting.

Anyone have broadband from them and what sort of speeds are they getting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hi All,

I'm also looking for anyone who uses this service ????
    After 10 years of a couple of meg 20/40GB a month I now may have 2 options depending on site test
    Imagine and Lightnet
    Lightnet's 55euro offering is unlimited though which is a major plus
    If it works .......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hi All,

I am on an old package with them, and hopefully next week, will upgrade to this new "up to 100mb" package. They reckon maybe 20mb on the wireless.

I am on an old package with them, and hopefully next week, will upgrade to this new "up to 100mb" package. They reckon maybe 20mb on the wireless.

How have you found the service
    Do they throttle speeds at peak times

km79 wrote: »
    How have you found the service
    Do they throttle speeds at peak times

Just moved to the "new improved" service today. Seems to be 25/30Mb

To early to tell if throttling, will update in a few days

I'm booked in for start of December as IMAGINE have again delayed by a further month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Just moved to the "new improved" service today. Seems to be 25/30Mb

To early to tell if throttling, will update in a few days

how's it going with them so far? anyone else with experiences? sounds like a decent service at a decent price...

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

jkforde wrote: »
    how's it going with them so far? anyone else with experiences? sounds like a decent service at a decent price...

Mostly good, a few minor (1/2 minutes) service interruptions the first week, but all good since them,

I can download a 300MB "Linux Distribution" in 3/4 minutes of a good day.

We are a heavy users, the wife has an IPTV service with uses about 250GB a month, and it has improved since we migrated.

Couldn't install
    Too many trees
    :(

I'm tempted to give airwire another go as the contract is only 6 months ..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

just to update my experience... I got a Three SIM-only data card for €20 a month PAYG and all-you-can-eat ... slapped it into a 3/4G » wifi Huawei device and stuck it up on a window facing the mast (Thonabrucky)... working great even though the unit has to be re-charged every day or so... just in case someone is within sight of a 4G site and has no other options.... was determined not to give Eircom a red cent....

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Advertisement
Advertisement