Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish people in Edinburgh

Options
  • 21-10-2016 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Recently moved to Edinburgh, just settling in and wondering if anybody knows of any Irish social groups? I know the university has a society but I'm not a uni student.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Unz88 wrote: »
    Recently moved to Edinburgh, just settling in and wondering if anybody knows of any Irish social groups? I know the university has a society but I'm not a uni student.

Cheers

There are a few of us on here (check my sig/profile for a link to the Scotland forum as well) but I've been a bit slack about organising group meetups or outings. I know there's a relatively new group on Meetup for Irish Edinburghers, not sure if they've had many events so far but it's worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

You're never far from an Irish person here, one desk, in fact, at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

razorblunt wrote: »
    You're never far from an Irish person here, one desk, in fact, at the moment.

Is this code for something!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

jimmii wrote: »
    Is this code for something!

If you look hard enough it can be code for anything!

What I meant, was that there's Irish everywhere, closest at this moment is the Irish girl sitting on the opposite side of the desk to me.
    She's been eyeing up the Barry's Tea box, but she can F.R.O. on that front.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

razorblunt wrote: »
    If you look hard enough it can be code for anything!

What I meant, was that there's Irish everywhere, closest at this moment is the Irish girl sitting on the opposite side of the desk to me.
    She's been eyeing up the Barry's Tea box, but she can F.R.O. on that front.

Ah now it makes sense!

• Advertisement
Advertisement