Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to close my account

Options
  • 21-10-2016 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I'm trying to close my account online, but I'm getting a generic error message: "DB Error. There was a problem submitting the form. Please try again"

I suspect that the problem is that the readings of my last bill were estimated and the actual ones are lower. Can you tell me how can I close my account if this is the case? Thank you.

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Tarkovski.

We are sorry to read this.

If you like, we would be happy to complete this for you. We are here until 6pm this evening and will return Monday morning.

We will require the following information via private message to close your account:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of the address you are moving out of
    • The forwarding address for your final bill
    • Your final meter reading and date you moved out
    • The name and the contact number of the property owner/letting agent/new tenant
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

Alternatively, you can call our colleagues in the Customer Service department on 1850 372 372. They are available until 8pm tonight and are open tomorrow from 8am to 8pm. The phone lines are closed on Sunday until Monday morning at 8am.

Please let us know if you would like us to complete this for you.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tarkovski

Hi Tarkovski.

We are sorry to read this.

If you like, we would be happy to complete this for you. We are here until 6pm this evening and will return Monday morning.

We will require the following information via private message to close your account:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of the address you are moving out of
    • The forwarding address for your final bill
    • Your final meter reading and date you moved out
    • The name and the contact number of the property owner/letting agent/new tenant
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

[*]

Alternatively, you can call our colleagues in the Customer Service department on 1850 372 372. They are available until 8pm tonight and are open tomorrow from 8am to 8pm. The phone lines are closed on Sunday until Monday morning at 8am.

Please let us know if you would like us to complete this for you.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________
    [*]
    Hi Aoife,

I sent you a private message.

Advertisement