Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zürich marathon 31.12.16

• 21-10-2016 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever done this one before? I was due to do Dublin but between sickness, a week in Lanzarote and 3 weddings in October, it won't be happening.

I'm 70% ready for one so one around December would be perfect.

Has anyone done this before? Is it any good? It starts at 9pm so I am wondering if there is lighting for the whole course? I would struggle to run in the dark.

Also is it hilly?

I'm debating between this and Barcelona in April but I am worried that will be too warm.

I can get flights, the marathon entry (x1) and 4 nights accommodation in a 5 star hotel for just less than a grand. I know it's expensive when you get there but I wouldn't be going too mad, just some food.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

I'm doing Barca, I've flights, accommodation for herself/myself for 4 nights and X1 marathon entry booked for less than €600. I did Rotterdam this year and that has fluctuating weather sometimes to. You can't be guaranteed the weather regardless where you go, Dublin proves this nearly every year. Barcelona is a better bang for your buck IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

tang1 wrote: »
    I'm doing Barca, I've flights, accommodation for herself/myself for 4 nights and X1 marathon entry booked for less than €600. I did Rotterdam this year and that has fluctuating weather sometimes to. You can't be guaranteed the weather regardless where you go, Dublin proves this nearly every year. Barcelona is a better bang for your buck IMO.

Did you book a hotel close to the marathon? I've been looking for hours and cannot find one that suits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Did you book a hotel close to the marathon? I've been looking for hours and cannot find one that suits.

I booked Hotel Auto Hogar. 2 km from start line and looks ok. Going to look further, but wanted to have something booked just in case.
    €300 for 4 nights.

Booked the Barcelona International Hotel for €330 for 4 nights, it's 1.8k from start with Metro right outside front door.

Booked the Barcelona International Hotel for €330 for 4 nights, it's 1.8k from start with Metro right outside front door.

Nothing comes up for that specifically but I presume it's the Hotel Internacional Ramblas Cool. Looks decent. Might book it.

• Advertisement

Nothing comes up for that specifically but I presume it's the Hotel Internacional Ramblas Cool. Looks decent. Might book it.

Apologies it was the Hotel Universal Barcelona, not the Barcelona International.

Apologies it was the Hotel Universal Barcelona, not the Barcelona International.

Ah. I was looking at that one. I think if I go we may book the Yurbban Trafalgar.

Advertisement