Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

core&shell - cost

Options
  • 21-10-2016 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Does anybody have any idea how much would finish from core and shell cost (internal plastering, plumbing/ electrical stuff - pretty much from core and shell to finished interior). All I need is very rough estimate...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Handsandtools

Pricing shell and core is easy, but finishing costs really depends on spec. It's like asking price of new car without giving an indication of what type, size and spec.
    Did first air-tightness test is done? heating depends on type (UFH, GAS, OIL, Solar, Solid fuel), area of the building, and control type.
    Plastering and painting depends on size, but still easy to calculate.
    Floor again tricky one, what type, solid, semi solid, carpet, tiles (tiles alone can cost from 25-100 per m square)
    Stairs say around 3000
    Electrics again depends on area, types of switches, type of light fittings etc. Average 80 per point plus fittings
    Kitchen from 3-40k
    So there's to many questions to answer before getting a price.

Plumbing 15k
    Internal plastering slabbing, painting 25k
    electrics 6k
    floors 30k
    kitchen 15k

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I this a residential dwelling or a commercial unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭damanloox

kceire wrote: »
    I this a residential dwelling or a commercial unit.

Residential and pretty big - 200 sq.m...
    As for what I'd need...
    - underfloor heating everywhere. Geothermal but let's leave that out of the equation for now (ie pump and all ground work).
    - stairs
    - plastering (no painting though)
    - laminate floor (mid-spec) on about 100 sq.m.
    - tiles on about 50 sq.m. (Let's leave the cost of tiles out of equation - just the labour)
    - remaining area (50'sq.m.) carpet (again - nothing extraordinary - just cheap-ish carpet)
    - all electrical stuff + wiring for the alarm

Again - I know nobody will tell exact figure - I just need rough estimate/average...

Plastering 10-12euros sqare meter, ready for paining.
    Laminate floor+underlay 35-40euros sqare meter
    Tiling 25-40 euros square meter
    stairs around 3000euros
    carpet+underlay 20-35 euros sqare meter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

damanloox wrote: »
    Residential and pretty big - 200 sq.m...
    As for what I'd need...
    - underfloor heating everywhere. Geothermal but let's leave that out of the equation for now (ie pump and all ground work).
    - stairs
    - plastering (no painting though)
    - laminate floor (mid-spec) on about 100 sq.m.
    - tiles on about 50 sq.m. (Let's leave the cost of tiles out of equation - just the labour)
    - remaining area (50'sq.m.) carpet (again - nothing extraordinary - just cheap-ish carpet)
    - all electrical stuff + wiring for the alarm

Again - I know nobody will tell exact figure - I just need rough estimate/average...

This really is how log is a piece of string and no-one is going to be able to give you a figure that you can rely upon (or that you should rely upon).

Stairs - depends on material, finish, shape, design, turns etc
    Plastering - depends mainly on substrates and whether it includes plasterboard, blockwork etc
    laminate floor - again depends on the product, wide board, skirting or bead, underlay, cutting etc.
    Tiles - depends on tile as the labour and cutting will depend on the tile thickness and makeup, and also the condition of the floor/wall
    electrical stuff - number of points, number of switches, type of switches, finish of items, spots v pendants, IT/Cat cabling and locations, external requirements, ground cabling etc etc

Advertisement