Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Reception Places

Options
  • 21-10-2016 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone,

I am planning an small wedding reception/meal for about 40 people. I have looked around online for places, but everything seems to be a little pricey. I am looking for something simple and elegant because the people attending are family members.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

You're probably going to have to define what "pricey" is for you, it's different for everyone. Getting something elegant that isn't pricey could be a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sylviasmith674

Well the budget that I have is about 4,600€......which is not a lot, I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Well the budget that I have is about 4,600€......which is not a lot, I know.

Is that your wedding budget or you food budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sylviasmith674

That is the wedding budget for the wedding, dress, reception, food, etc.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I was at an anniversary do downstairs in Toners on Baggot St. and they provided plenty of nice finger food. The room was free and would be perfect for 40, it'll come with bar and staff. Throw in a few free drinks and bobs your uncle.

Or google "18 free venues Publin" and you'd get a wider choice.

There's a wedding forum on here too- might get some helpful tips there too.

But your father will need to put the shotgun in a locked cupboard behind the bar in Toners : ).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Anglers Rest in Strawberry Beds is perfect for a wedding with 40 people.

I know, because mine was there and there were 40 people at it.

Advertisement